1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Dell Vostro 1510 temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by triplex, 27 May 2008.

1. triplex

triplex Modder

Here i have a brand new Dell Vostro 1510 laptop. It has 2.0GHz cpu and Geforce 8400M GS 256MB graphics card.
    I am worried about the graphics card and cpu temperatures. While browsing the internet gpu temparature is about 62-63C and cpu temp is about 52-55C.
    These temperatures were about 15-20C less on my Inspiron 6400.
    I am using the latest Everest Ultimate and GPU-Z.

So I looked inside the laptop :D:

[​IMG]

only one heat pipe connected to 3 chips :eeek: : cpu, gpu and I'm not sure about the 3rd one.

My question is: are these temperatures normal?

2. Pace11

Pace11 What's a Dremel?

My macbook runs at 52°C too, so i wouldn't worry too much about those temps, mine is still going strong after 2 years.

Last edited: 27 May 2008
  3. triplex

triplex Modder

The weirdest thing is that laptop's temperatures stays almost the same when playing games. It goes up max 5 degrees. Even when the laptop is cool, I boot it up and guess what - it's already showing 58C (gpu) and 52 (cpu) :miffed:

4. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Im pretty sure laptops always get hot since the hardware is so close, my mums gets so hot it burns ur hand, still running fine though. (Never actually measured the temps).
    My personal one is 17" vostro so its pretty big and dosent get very hot inless playing games or kept on for a long time, still working fine.
    I wouldnt worry about ir but im sure people will give you more help.^^

5. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

The other chip is probably the northbridge.
    oh, and I have seen my laptop get to about 95C processor. My thoughts are so long as it doesn't crash it should be fine.

6. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Yea, the chips are fine until there are crashes involved.

Laptop CPUs are made to operate in higher temps than desktop CPUs, so no problem.

GPUs, including desktop ones, usually last fine until 100+ degrees C.

FYI, my Athlon XP 3000+ runs about 50C idle, and my Geforce FX5600 runs at 75C idle. These are desktop components.

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Another vote for "it's fine".

Generally laptops are designed to run okay at the (relatively high) temperatures they run at :lol: There isn't much an end user can do to improve airflow, so they have to be. Although covering the little holes on the side is a generally a bad idea :nono:

8. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

My 8400M GS idles at 68 degrees with Aero on in my XPS M1330, so don't worry too much about the temperatures being that high. My CPU idles a bit lower at 40-45c, but I have a 45nm Core2Duo, so that may be the reason for my lower CPU temps.