1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dented LCD panel

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Eliminos, 11 May 2007.

1. Eliminos

Eliminos What's a Dremel?

So I was moving stuff around my desk last night, and at some point I caught my LCD monitor in the middle with whatever I had in my hand, my hand itself or my watch. I carried on moving stuff around but when I sat down I noticed a splodge in the middle of one of my screens. I tried to smear it off - nothing. Tried to scratch it off with my nail, nothing - but I could tell the surface was raised. Which was when it hit me :(. There's a hole in the middle of my LCD.

As far as I can tell the actual pixels aren't damaged - merely the plastic front to the screen - which is why I can imagine it can be repaired. Any ideas?

Last edited: 11 May 2007
  2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

if it actually has a glass panel in front, then you can repair it.

If it's the plastic thing in front of the liquid, then it's actually pretty much irreplacable. There's a grid in there which makes the pixels illuminate

3. Eliminos

Eliminos What's a Dremel?

It's the plastic front. As far as I can tell the pixels behind the divot are still working. Do you reckon a close-up photograph would shed some light?

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

May do, but to be honest you're going to need to take it apart, if when you do that the plastic is easily removed then you'll be fine./