1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Desk or Floor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 11 May 2017.

?

Case Place: Desk or Floor

1. Desk

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Floor

21 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Really interesting poll. I've been a "desk" person for several years now and despite the temptation to move my case to the floor I always find the desk option more favourable. I can think of a few reasons for having your case on your desk, as long as it's practicable (i.e. it doesn't take up too much space):

Aesthetics - it's a great way to show it off
    Cooling - better airflow if your case is out in the open rather than stashed away in a hole at ground level
    Accessibility - I connect different things to my PC often and also swap drives etc. so accessibility is a must

Incidentally I was thinking about starting a poll on how people connect their USB devices to their computers, whether directly or via a hub. I much prefer being able to plug things directly into the back of my motherboard, hence why I bought one with 10 USB ports and also good front panel connectivity.

2. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Most of my desks have been in rooms with carpet, but I still have the case on the floor but always on a hard surface (spare Ikea shelf works nicely), never directly on carpet. I never have had a small desk, at least 1x2m or larger :D but I like to have my work space free for work. I have spent many hours bobbing up and down when trouble shooting. As I get older I am thinking I am more likely to haul my case up on to my desk a leave it there one day.

3. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

they have to be on my desks so i can get too them and so i dont cover them with stuff

4. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I always where I can have the tower on the desk. I don't currently have 1 at the moment but will do soon. My PC setup is some what hampered.

Prefer it on the desk as it is less prone to hoovering up the dust from the floor/carpet and also stops the cat from chewing at the cables.