1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. oscy

oscy Member

From a sales point it's the point to keep people addicted to it. :naughty:

But for me it's about playing a fun game in space. Once the story's over and I tried the other stuff at least once, that's it. I'm not hooked by multiplayer games now that there are so many other games out there. I usually prefer playing against AI too.

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I looked into the Black Armory, but it looks like it's very little content for the monies (especially for someone who mainly plays solo) so I've given it a miss for once.

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's only £10 (£29.99 for 3 releases), so wasn't going to be a huge DLC, but not all of it is out yet, it's now a trickle affair. Which is great for giving people stuff to do between events, but I can't even get to a level where I can complete the first forge with matchmade randoms to unlock the bounties to get all the cool new weapons! The grind to actually unlock the armory is a slog if you're not mainlining the game to get to 650. I will say though, the Black Armory raid did look good. Not that I'll ever do it because I'm always solo, but it was nice to watch on Twitch!

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm still a lowly 530 so I've no chance.

5. Hex

Yeah, you'd get destroyed! By the time Joker's Wild comes out you should be high enough though and the annual pass will probably be on sale :D it's good that power level isn't locked behind the annual pass this time.

I tried the first forge at 600... NOPE. Then again at 608... still nope. Though we did get through the first wave that time. I just really want to unlock Forge bounties!

6. Hex

If you're doing all the cookies, make sure you don't royally screw up the Triumph like I did by not making Burnt Edge Transits for the Cryptarch first. I thought I'd just make those on my 2nd character. NOPE! Once you've made all the cookies none of your characters have the ability to use ingredients any more, it's just cookie recipes and you can't complete the Triumph. Quite miffed :( I didn't have a lot of time to play so looked up recipes to complete things first and Bungie wanted us to find them all through trial and error, so it's intentional that you're blocked from completing it if you don't mess 1 recipe up.

ferret141 likes this.
  7. Hex

If you've managed to avoid spoilers, and I mean even if you haven't - it just won't be as powerful. Go to see Mara this week. Go there, touch the sparklies. Do it.

8. MrRobot

MrRobot New Member

Awesome!

Hex likes this.
  9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Hit 641 Power with my Titan today, will soon be up to 650.

Hating crucible at the moment though even more than normal, nothing but people teleporting around the map and surviving hammer hits etc from supers.

Shotguns and Fusion Rifles are a joke, as are 1 hit hand cannons.

10. Hex

It happened... it actually happened. I have no idea how they've managed this and what they had to sacrifice, but Bungie are parting ways with Activision-Blizzard to self-publish Destiny. They have retained all rights to the IP. This is incredible, not just for Destiny, but for any franchise stuck with a publisher that's causing issues with their audience. Almost all the bad decisions in Destiny appeared to be pushed by Activision so it will be really interesting to see how things go. But I would imagine most stuff is already in motion so we won't see things fully unlinked from AV until September.

It's well worth taking a gander at the Twitter thread just to see who some of the replies are from! It would seem that breaking ties with Activision will mean Destiny is no longer forced to provide, let's be honest here, lacklustre timed exclusives for PlayStation. The Xbox tweets are really interesting as just last year they were tweeting to gauge interest on Cross-Saves and Cross-Play for Destiny... I would love that so much! Finally being able to play with all of my friends and choosing if I felt like playing on PC or console, but still having all the same gear... bliss!!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569

The big worry I do have, is that Vicarious Visions are still owned by Activision. The Destiny 2 PC 'port' was probably the best I've ever experienced. I hope they are able to manage that level of quality moving forward.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019