1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Details on the new PS3 SKU

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

now they just need to do a fair conversion for the uk price....

3. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

i just need to get my hands on $399 instead of $499 then.. o w00t

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 New Member

games make the machine and you get ever game PS3 on the 360 and cheaper. the only 2 titles that are excluives that i would consider would be lair and heavenly sword, but these have been given very average reviews, so i'm not tempted

also it look like titles like MGS4 and FFXIII will becoming to the 360 in order for konami and Square to recop development costs.

with more PC and 360 excluive titles on the way, its not a good time to be a PS3 owner, DAMN YOU SONY!!!

5. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

Most games multiplatform releases are actually the same price on each system when released unless you are a muppet who shops at game.

There is rarely more than a pounds difference between the launch prices of titles and that difference can go in favor of either machine.

Plenty of reasons to be happy to own a PS3, and a cheaper one should help sell a few more units along with the releases over the next few months plus the fairly solid line up in both retail and PSN already.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Bit old news.

Anyway the new Dual Shock 3 controllers are not hitting the stores of the good old USA until spring next year. That means we probably wont get them until winter next year.

Still any bundle is crap at the moment until they get the dual shock 3 controllers in it. Im hoping for a Metal Gear solid Bundle next year with dual Shock 3. That will get me to pick one up.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah I think my purchase of a PS3 is gonna have to wait a while longer too. Although it's not really MGS4 or FFXIII I'm interested in, I'm a bit bored of JRPGs now, they are far too long winded, and I've never really beenn a huge fan of MGS. What I'm really looking forward too is the new Ratchet and Clank game and ZoE3. Not much else that interests me right now, which may mean I have to miss out on those games, as I doubt I'm willing to pay the PS3 premium just for only two games I know of that I definitely want.

8. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

$399? So that'll be about £349 then?

9. Joeymac

Joeymac New Member

Yeah it's £400 (!) to get a PS3 at the moment, that's way too much...
    In the spring Driver, GT5, Tekken 6, The Getaway come out. These are the game franchises I had a PS2 for.. so I might be tempted if they get good reviews.. But they have to price it in line with the 360.
    If not why would I bother for four games, I can get every other game I'm interested in on the 360.

10. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

buy it from the US to get it for £200 to bad we have all that import tax stuff

11. Goty

Goty New Member

Neither of those titles will be coming to the 360 as has been repeatedly stated by their respective developers.

12. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

MGS has often hit other platforms, it would surprise me if it didn't hit 360 eventually, same for FFXIII end of the day the devs want to recoup their costs and the PS3/X360 market is tiny even when combined never mind the PS3 alone.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

As sandys said, the MGS franchise has often crossed platforms anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 360 version of MGS4 and some kind of unique Wii game. The final fantasy series also has no good reason really to stick with the PS3 only, the playerbase is very small, it has cost them a lot of money to develop, they can't afford it to not sell well. So it may have to go onto two DVDs, last time I checked, that was a great way to market your JRPG; "It's so long winded it doesn't even fit onto a DVD!" I don't think any of them have actually said, "No, it will never come out for the 360", they've only stated, they are currently developing it for the PS3 and they don't have plans yet for a port. Epic said the same thing about GoW coming to the PC, shock horror, it's now being ported to the PC.

14. themax

themax New Member

Metal Gear Solid has only crossed platforms Loonng after being on the Playstation. Twin Snakes was an updated remake of the original. MGS2 didn't do too hot on Xbox and by the time it came out they had the Subsistence version on PS2 as well. MGS 4 has been stated numerous times by Kojima to be exclusive. He's even said he was more interested in developing new software on the 360 rather than porting MGS4. The FFXIII trailer at the Tokyo Game Show stated "Only for Playstation 3" at the end.

How much more evidence do you guys need to be convinced it is PS3 exclusive?

Also further evidence supporting the $399 SKU.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/10/02/best-buy-documents-might-confirm-40gb-ps3/

I used to work at Best Buy so yes, their inventory sheets do look like that in the computer.

15. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

Hey I'm happy whatever I have all the toys :rock:

16. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

$399 looks really tempting (even though I know I'm only sticking with PCs). That is a LOT of kit for that price. With Playstation Home out, along with the very much needed Dual Shock 3, I can see tons of people over here in the US buying it. It's about time Sony drops the price.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

if they translate the price correctly it will be a success, if not they will lose lots of sales....

18. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Aw, i really want a PS3, and the only reason for it is to play GTA IV, the newest GtA in the series.
    But i doubt even if i buy it, my parents are going to let me hook it up to the TV and try it.
    GTA!~~~!!!~~~!!!
    I want to play.

19. Rebourne

Rebourne New Member

hmmm... pretty tempting, I do want a blueray player and I know the games will come eventually. Plus it has good mouse and keyboard support.

20. Raiderfan001

Raiderfan001 I know what a Dremel is.....

Tags: Add Tags