1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Deus Ex Complete (Mastertronic) Will not install

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Redsnake77, 30 Jul 2010.

1. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Hi guys,

I've tried Mastertronic support, even sent them the disc for them to test (they said they tested it on multiple systems and it was fine) but I just cannot get it to install.

I've tried installing from the Mastertronic flash screen, and from the setup.exe in the Deus Ex folder on the disc, but it always hangs right at the end of the install. It copies all the files to my HDD, and decompresses them, then stops responding with the blue progress bars both as far as they can go.

Everything is up to date, directx, video drivers (10.7 from 10.5, 10.6 kept BSOD'ing), C++, sound drivers, flash, etc. etc.

I've tried right clickng the setup.exe and assigning the compatibility to XP SP3 before installing but ths made no difference.

Mastertronic couldn't find anything wrong with the dxdiag I generated for them either. I've tried with the CPU stock clocked as well as overclocked to eliminate the chance that it's system instability. Temps were fine either way.

After each failed install (after trying to run the game by double clicking the executable) I have to manually delete the files, and run ccleaner to clean the registry as the uninstaller will not run either.

I've also tried installing the game to the default C:\ and Program files (x86) but to no avail.

I've tried to remain calm and be methodical, but it's really getting frustrating now, as I've pretty much cleared my back catalogue, don't really have the money to buy any new games, nothing recent really interests me if I did have the money, and I really want to play this great game everyone talks about.

System specs are in my sig. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Hmmm i've heard of people got getting to it run after it was installed due to processor affinity, apparently it doesnt like being run on more than one core. Though I've never had an issue. And at that would only effect running the game not installing it.

If you've only tried running it from one source (IE your disk) i'd honestly download it from a torrent, take what mastertronic say with a pinch of salt they probably dont want to admit fault, or maybe they're using a really old system configuration. I know its kind of questionable, and you really shouldn't need to download a copy. But hey you've already bought it so its just like a backup right? I usually get my copy from TPB, I had an original copy MANY moons ago, I still have it but the disk is well beyond buggered :p and keeping it makes for a nice piece of gaming history.

3. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Actually I had one last go at it, it still didn't work properly, but when I tried to start it, this time if gave me an error message the 'Effects' was missing and so couldn't start. So I checked through the folders, and in the textures folder the was a compressed file and one other, where as there weren't any compressed files in any of the other folders. I unpacked it with winrar and haypresto there was the missing file. I can now start the game! Yeah!! Now I just have to find out how to get the resolution working properly at 1920 X 1200, as the highest selectable in game is only 1680 X 1050, and it's cutting alot of the Deus Ex logo off the botton on the title and menu screens.