1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Deus Ex Human Revolution: Freezing & Crashing

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Adnoctum, 24 Aug 2011.

1. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

game runs fine but god dam it takes ages to load even on an ssd

2. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

That's weird, it loads quite quickly from my SATA2 drive. But a few people have said loading is a bit slow for them, maybe it's some fragmentation issue (I didn't bother doing the defrag thing that steam recommended me to).

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My levels load so quickly I don't have time to read the tips and plot summary and that's on a sata 2 HDD. I have 8Gb of RAM though so that might be the reason?

4. Grimloon

Grimloon New Member

Load times are fine here too (generally 5 to 10 seconds), 1.5 TB SATA 2 HDD. Only 4 GB RAM as well.

I've had the occasional stutter but only since I put it across 3 screens, on 1 only it's smooth as.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Since switching tessellation off I haven't had any issues at all with the game.

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm having issues (as are many others) with stuttering; this is the first game in a long time I've had issues with.

7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer New Member

I'm having performance issues in game but I think that's my PC being almost 5 years old. Upgrade soon :)

In terms of load times, they're very quick & I'm on an old Raptor drive.

I'm holding fire until my upgrade so I can play the game in all it's beauty. But from what I've seen, first 10 mins of game, it looks very promising and the HUD is clean and tidy and pushed out as opposed in the centre FEAR 2 for example eurgh

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've sorted it by moving the game on to my SSD, even with all the settings maxed it isn't a looker by any means.

9. olfolk12

olfolk12 New Member

Deus Ex HR Crashes

I've had this game since 27th of August and still have not been able to run beyond the start up cut scene.....can someone please help....I've been looking and trying different fixes for the past two weeks

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

What is the error, your system specs and what have you tried so far?

11. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

eyah read people are having issues for some reason on nvidia forum.. maxed out here with overclocked ati- everything including tessellation with aa and it ran cherry

maybe some instability with your setup

that's the thing with pc- it's not console plug and play.. so when you get a game that isn't optimized to hell by nvidia to make them look good- the weak points show and the word sucks will come up alot (couldn't be further from the truth with this game though- was a lot of fun =])

12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I've had no problems for a good while now, especially after switching AA modes.

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Told you so ;)

14. MjFrosty

MjFrosty New Member

It's still extremely jittery and there is still an issue with tessellation and the occasional crash.

(580GTX SLi)

15. Shabing

Shabing New Member

I've noticed it'll be fine for a few days, then crash. After that, it'll constantly crash.
    I then check the integrity of the game cache in steam, it downloads something, and it runs fine again for ages.

16. 8 Bit Charlie

8 Bit Charlie New Member

Has anyone had any problems with stuttering since the latest update? I didn't have any issues with stuttering before the update, but now it's bad I'm going to have to leave the game if I can't fix it. Looking at the change log this update should have improved stuttering issues for those that were having them.

I'll try refreshing my graphics drivers later but I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Weird. It loads quickly for me on my Spinpoint F3.

18. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Getting horrendous stuttering of both video and audio in the pre-rendered cut-scenes since the update. I'm right near the end as-well and the cutscenes are coming thick and fast... might have to put it on the back burner until this is fixed :blah:

19. 8 Bit Charlie

8 Bit Charlie New Member

I've not a had a cut-scene problem, just during normal game play. It's a shame, I'd just played though the first one again to get me in the mood, I can't believe how long the first one was (not played since 2002).

I was having problems with random crashes until I came across the voltage bump work around for 580 cards. I had couple of good evenings play, then the update introduced the stuttering issue, don't think I can play on unless it goes away.

20. Soniclord

Soniclord New Member

I played it the other day for 5 hours solid and no crashing or freezing here!

Tags: