1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Aug 2011.

1. MjFrosty

MjFrosty New Member

I think I know which one you mean as I remember having difficulty! You may be able to angle an object if you have the heavy lift perk.

Completed this on Wednesday, I think my game time was around 24-25 hours. Took my time and only missed 2 side missions, one of those was because the game actually broke unfortunately. I didn't use any of the lethal weapons, only on bosses. So will be playing through with the lethal weapons again soon.

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The one in the ceiling? It doesn't go anywhere.

3. David164v8

David164v8 Member

Heheh. I'll get a copy with my new GPU. It looks fun :D

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Well-Known Member

I think I spent a total of 25 hours in Detroit alone, getting all the secrets - apart from one (at least I think I did). Outside the storage room behind the basketball court, there's a balcony. This balcony is inaccessible except for a rectangular hole in the floor. I spent about two and a half hours collecting and stacking dumpsters, boxes and trash cans trying to get up there. But I failed every time - the last time in a spectacular way.

I had five dumpsters stacked on top of eachoter. Three at the bottom serving as foundation, two dumpsters on top of those and then some safety boxes on top of that one. Finally I stacked trash cans in a pyramid on top of those boxes and jumped carefully upwards. As I was navigating my way up with the final trash can needed (at least I estimate it would have been the last one needed) the whole thing collapsed as I was about to put it in place. Long story short; everything - me included - ended up in a large, disorganised pile. Also; dumpsters on wheels make for somewhat unstable foundations.

At this point I had been at it for the better part of two and a half hours, and I simply couldn't force myself to start over and went to Singapore instead.

So, my question is; has anyone made it up there?

5. Xir

Xir Well-Known Member

Joe still hasn't played?
    Or has he gone missing since release? :D

6. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Cunny Funt

Got it for the ps3, brilliant game so far - loved the origonal. It reminds me of the original but it doesn't have the same woaw factor that it did back then.

7. Fizzban

He posted in the Augmentations thread in the Game section so he must have. And can you honestly see him abstaining from deus ex? haha

8. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

We won't see Joe again until he gets his hands on Thief 4 and waits for the installation to complete, that will be the first thing able to separate him from Human Revolution:D

9. Anneon

Anneon New Member

Just done a quick search on some issues I am having. Yet again I am reminded why I should never buy a game on release.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119684&page=4

There is also an equivalent thread on steam.
    :duh:

10. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

I know it isn't everything, but the graphics look sh!te in all the screenies I've seen. It looks like a four year old game.

I assume the gameplay makes up for the ropey visuals?

11. Fizzban

It does, and some of the visuals are nice. They just aren't consistent. They go from being able to view lots of skyscrapers in the distance, all lit up and all clearly really in game, to annoying 2d vistas that you can tell are just a flat board in the distance. Why they did this I don't know, they could have rendered it all pretty easily.

Anyways, don't let a few ropey visuals put you off playing the game. It's Deus Ex, as in IT IS Deus Ex, not as in it just carries the name. Read everything, take your time, and enjoy a shooter you can spend 40 hours on, rather than it being done in an afternoon like most games these days.

David likes this.
  12. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

Thanks for that, Fizzban.

I'll buy a copy, come payday.

Fizzban likes this.
  13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I've literally just finished it.

14. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

what you think.. I liked the taggart ending

15. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Post once more Joe.....

16. impar

impar Well-Known Member

17. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Some of my own comparisons:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/zurechial/screenshot/578934843432114547/?tab=public
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/zurechial/screenshot/578934843432180120/?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zurechial/screenshot/578934843432119789/?tab=public
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/zurechial/screenshot/578934843432188808/?tab=public

Boris is still working on it and I'd recommend holding off on using ENBSeries for DXHR until newer versions are out.
    In the current version the object-cast shadows are disabled, the SSAO tends to flicker/shift noticably as the view moves and the performance is pretty poor.
    The visual difference is fantastic to my eyes though; as I've always felt that the piss-filter was a bad idea. Interesting, but aesthetically boring.

If Boris can get a new version of ENBSeries out with better performance and some of those glitches fixed it'll become a permanent feature of my DXHR installation, just as it has for some other games. Fantastic mod. :)

18. Lethal

Lethal New Member

75% off on Steam at the moment, so I thought I would pick it up. Have been put off by all the yellowness though, but for under £10 with the DLC can't be bad.

19. Yorkie

Yorkie Active Member

Very good game, well worth it, if it is going for that price.

20. Machineoverkill

Machineoverkill New Member

Hey,

sry for my post to this older thread, but i have since yesterday Deus Ex complete played trough.

i thought for myself as i was stuck in the world of Human Revolution, that is really a pretty good
    detailled and intense story. Not much videogames reached that kind of closed conversation in its own. But after i reached the very ending of the game i was blown away... i really could not find a reasonable Choice which last decision would be the best for the human race - due to this, it is for me one of the most mature Story´s for Adult Gamers so far... my big Appreciate to the Development Team

Tags: Add Tags