1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Benchmarked: What Do You Need To Run It?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 Aug 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

For such an average looking game the GPU requirements are insane.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It certainly doesn't look like it should be a GPU killer - poorly optimised, perhaps?

4. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

Where do you get this idea from?

It took me a while to save up to get the Philips BDM4065 40" 4K and that was the cheapest model I could find for the size I needed that could even come close to providing a decent enough picture instead of having to settle for a standard TV.

Niche? Really?

I can't help but agree here and as I recall the previous version of Deus Ex ran like a brick on most hardware of the time too.

5. Dogbert666

Maybe "gaming at a 4K resolution" rather than "gaming on a 4K screen" would have been more appropriate. If you're gaming at 4K you'll need serious horsepower and will be at the forefront of tech, so the price of GPUs isn't likely to be your greatest concern.

As to it being niche, yes it is. Many people may own 4K TVs, but PC gaming on a 4K monitor is absolutely a niche, and the Steam Hardware Survey backs this up.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It's Squenix, I don't remember Squenix being known for it's PC focus and efficient optimisation of ports.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Can't play the game as it crashes after the first cutscene. Mind you, I'm not using the latest drivers as they make everything else run awfully. Going to have to postpone playing this one.

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

so the next meme is "but can it run DE:MD?"

9. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

I knew I'd reach the day when my 970 couldn't play with everything cranked up on 1080p. Ah well. Still looks gorgeous on Medium settings. Now that I have a 144 Hz display I'm finding I want more FPS than I used to. I suppose that you'll be adding this to your testing suite moving forward.

10. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

Pardon my language but bloody hell, 'Ultra' put the 980 Ti under strain for 1440p.

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Sqaure don't do the Pc version, they outsources it to the well respected nixxes software who did a good job of both new tomb raiders and human revolution.

Also TB gave a good overview of the PC version RE performance and game settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9iTD9Obmn8

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Great job on this Matt - loads of great info.

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Lets see first how it performs with the patch in a couple weeks.

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

New 'game ready' drivers for DE:MD are a bit hit and miss with other games, in Wargame: Red Dragon I now get black blotches for trees... thankfully star citizen and world of warships still run and look fine. I will find out tomorrow how they work for Mr Jensons Latest Adventure!

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've heard this is a car crash. I almost jumped on it straight away after reading the review here but man, so glad I waited.

Will pick this up for a tenner when it actually runs. Right now it just looks like a slight makeover of Metro : LL only you need four Titan XPs to run it at 1080p.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Waiting for that optimized DX12 patch drop and day 1 players to bug check for me. Also it's $60 USD here which is insane.

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Maybe they should ask id for some insider tips on graphics engine optimization...

18. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

This is great Bit Tech - more of this please. Excellent that you have included older cards too :)

19. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

2nd this ...about time game reviews included or were followed up with a gpu test for the game [especially if its about to be introduced to the regular test suite].

The 480 beating the 1060 for fps is a surprise at DX11...even if it is an AMD sponsored game.

Anyone know what % of those gamers not playing at 1080 (according to Steam) actually game at a lesser resolution?

20. Dogbert666

I really want to do more of these articles, but they are extremely time-consuming. Nonetheless the feedback has been taken onboard; appreciate it :)

Close to 60% play at less than 1080p, majority being 1366 x 768 (lots of laptop users there I assume) followed by 1680 x 1050.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey ;)

Tags: Add Tags