1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Developers kept in the dark about Wii MotionPlus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

i liked the idea of a breakable ps3 controller tbh, as you get best of both worlds

3. xalek

xalek What's a Dremel?

E3 2009?

4. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

I am thinking that it would have made a great addition to the force unleashed game for Wii, missed opportunity....

5. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

Im wondering why sony isnt developing some gay motion **** for the ps3 that I wont buy but might generate some buzz.... maybe because they are focused on the media center idea rather than a "console" sense they no longer have any real HD competition

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

could it be because Nintendo don't want developers to think twice about their montion accelerometer, they kept the MotionPlus in the dark, so that developers won't be too scared to use it.

Nintendo is worried that if not enough game make use of the Wiimote, their console won't stand out

7. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

if I had a Wii I would totally get this .. if they make 1:1 lightsaber combat, I may very well buy a Wii.

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Just another add-on that was put in the works before the Wii was debuted that would get everyone to buy it thus making Nintendo even more money in the accessory arena.....hats off to Nintendo if they can make the motion controls as good as they showed for all games from now on though....

9. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

i thought the wii could do 1:1 motion sensing already????

10. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I believe it can, its just that it doesn't pick up small or complicated movements accurately enough to be worth using on its own, the second unit in the MotionPlus should increase that accuracy quite a lot (you get double the sensors, but having two also allows you to do more clever maths on the output, so the result is likely more than doubling the accuracy)

Last edited: 24 Jul 2008
  11. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Sounds cool to me. Regardless of the perceived quality of games, they [Nintendo] sure are appealing to a large customer base. If my girlfriend had her way, we would've had a Wii a long time ago, but my current living configuration doesn't really give enough room to truly enjoy using the console as it's meant to be played.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2008
  12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

plus the ability to read certain axis twists better, like a twist in the Z axis with it horizontal.

13. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

The... what.... they....

idiots

Imagine designing an all-new transmission that could improve gas mileage and deliver more power, and then not telling any car manufacturers how to build around it until the day you start selling it at Midas. idiots

Tags: Add Tags