1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexter

Discussion in 'General' started by Lord_A, 21 Jan 2007.

1. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I did a quick search & nothing came up so apologies if there already is a post on this series.

Anyone else been watching this?
    We've just watched the first 12 episodes & gotta say that it's an awesome show, no idea if it's been aired in the UK or not, and the official website only likes US hits it seems.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Awesome awesome series. "First 12" is the entire first season you realise. The next Season starts in sept.

They couldn't have made the characters more perfect imo, everyone is fantastically cast: the people just seem really REAL and each has their own personalities and quirks. My only slight issue is that Dex doesn't look somewhat more manic enough when he's
    about to top someone.

Fantastic intro, great music, LOVE the voice overs. They do flashbacks 1000x better than lost.

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Yeah ive got the entire first series. I was gonna make a thread about it but completrly forgot.

Wicked show, plenty of Blood and extremely dark humor. I believe it will be shown on FX over here and they are currently making the second season which will be shown later in the year in the US.

Bindi fix ur spoiler tags.

4. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Ah I thought there were a couple more episodes left for Season 1, but Googling reveals what you said Bindi.

I think that's done to show that he is more comfortable doing what he does than even normal everyday stuff, which makes it all the more disturbing cool!

Can't wait for season 2 tbh, especially with
    Rita finding Paul's shoe
    and the
    captain getting more & more suspicious of Dexter.

Gotta love the awesome 'Ice Truck Killer' killing techniques :rock:

Last edited: 21 Jan 2007
  5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I hope other tv shows take note of dexter.

having 24+ episodes in a season (apart from in 24) is too much. I wish lost had shorter seasons and progressed a bit quicker.

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

That would depend on show to show. If 24 episodes keep me waiting for less time from season to season and is carried through well, I would prefer that to 12 episodes - which would mean either a longer wait for episodes or 2-weekly air dates.

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

There are so many shows that are going for massive seasons and huge budgets though and they all seem to slide into the realms of LOST (as in they start forgetting plots and dragging stupid things out)

Heroes started great, things progressed nicely, and then about the time I was starting to think they should start actually being heroes and whoooping ass it just kept unveiling more and more heroes and then I hear that there is a whole 3 season storyline thing going on...
    There are some shows that can do it though... and these ones are the ones without mysterious storylines - just good old fashioned simple fun.
    I think stargate did it nicely, up to about season 8, and to be honest, the second RDA suggested he was going to leave they should have just agreed that they had had a good run and now was the time to end it in a big finale and let atlantis take over.

Thats the problem I think. They just don't know when to just leave it alone...

8. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Pretty good show, I just found the ending a little too "neat". Look forward to the next season.

9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

This show absolutely rocks, i cannot even describe how great this show is - Its such a pyschological rollercoaster. IF YOUR READING THIS - YOU MUST WATCH THIS SHOW. IV WATCHED ALL 12 EPISODES IN 2DAYS AND ON SEASON 2....god i love this show :D

10. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

i have watched it (season1) it rocked, and watching season 2, well i was on tv-links, but alas no more