1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFI Lanparty overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by -:: M@ ::-, 30 Aug 2005.

1. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Googled it, bit searched it, and RTFM...

and still, im swamped with the sheer overclocking options and where I should start, don't want to break all my components, and not too sure what all the options mean!

I have overclocked before, but basically with just the FSB & multipliers and never gone into ram timings etc, and I don't know where to start, im a fast learner and im looking for some help as to what to overclock, and the best settings etc.

My computer

DFI Lanparty UT socket 754
    Sempron 3100 (heard there good overclockers)
    Incrediably oversized Heatsink (Artic-cooling 64)
    2x512 Corsair Value Ram 400 CL3 3-3-3-8 (I think)

Ok, I want to know what I could overclock, and by how much, don't mind pushing it, but without damage, and what the options mean etc

any help would be greatly appriciated, cheers

- M@

2. -:: M@ ::-

Ok looking more into it, need to understand what option is the cpu/fsb/memory, and supposed (according to forums/articles) to set that 1/11 (but can't find that option) to give ram less strain, and what does HTT, mean? FSB apparently can get up to 260x9 on air, or 320x8 on air @ 1.6-.7 volts, don't understand how to set ram timings, as theres like 12 settings instead of 4??

What does LTD/FSB mean?

God I sound like a noob but can't keep up with all these options/new technology, give me FSB/Multipliers over this any day :D

- M@

3. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

4. -:: M@ ::-

Thanks

Have tried out my settings and everything seems stable atm, 41 seconds superPi

FSB : 260
    Ram forced to 166, registers at 212mhz
    CPU voltage 1.55 from 1.4
    ram 3-3-3-7

so CPU is at 2.35 Ghz from 1.9 Ghz, which ain't bad, according to SiSoft it easily is outbeatching an FX-51, a P4E 3.4 and Athalon 64 3400, all for £70 :D

Will have to tweak more when I learn what all the other options mean :)

- M@

Last edited: 30 Aug 2005