1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFI Lanparty UT ICFX3200T2R/G RD600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WaLLaWaLLa92, 19 Mar 2007.

1. WaLLaWaLLa92

WaLLaWaLLa92 What's a Dremel?

So recently i took the plunge for another upgrade, to this board. After reading up on rich's review of the LANParty i thought id go for it, as it looked like a fair challenge of a board and being a DFI a real enthusiast board that would take time, as it is ATI/AMD's last chipset for intel there were many queries of dropped support and lack of service for the board and that is as i now see clearly reflected in the new DFI club forums. I cannot even get this board to display, never mind post. After Googling+DFI club ive tried everything, Clearing CMOS, battery re-set, trying to boot with just one memory module in on all DIMM slots in case of voltage problems, using wake up with PS/2 ports but just nothing will display, I dont even get a DRAM led light up that indicates there is power present on the DIMM/PCI slots so this looks to be a factor, i would greatly appreciate any replies on other users who have experienced use with this board, Thankyou :)

***See sig for hardware/Component compatibility***

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not AMD's last Intel chipset: it has an integrated X1250 (like the 690G) intel chipset out that a few companies like Abit use.

The owner or DFI Street screwed up and bit the hand that fed him, so DFI Club was formed instead. DFI are supporting it fully.

Take it out your case, put it on your desk and power it with 1 DIMM and just the cpu/heatsink, keyboard and graphics plugged in. Nothing else.

Also, I just found out at CeBit that AMD only rated the northbridge to 1.5V, if you start putting 2V through it like I did then it's been said to only last a week. Having said that, DFI haven't had any back that have burnt out. The northbridge cooler does need replacing too.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'd suggest you simply RMA the board, it sounds dead to me.

4. WaLLaWaLLa92

I feared an RMA :sigh:

@Bindi... Fair enough then, maybe not AMD/ATI's last chipset. My mistake, but DFI club forums seem sufficient enough having never bought anything but DFI, it was quite sad to see DFI street go, lets hope DFI club can live up to what street once was.

And thanks for the fast reply :)

5. WaLLaWaLLa92

No luck in even trying to get it to boot correctly, just sits there with the monitor in standby picking up no signal, booting with just keyboard attached, CMOS cleared and all jumpers @ default still not seeing the DRAM LED so apparently no power is being fed to the DIMM/PCI slots i may try jumping the PSU to see if that works standalone, if so then its maybe time for an RMA. I hope their customer service is good :blah:

Thanks

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh dont get me wrong, everyone mourns the loss of DFI-Street, but it could have been avoided if the guy who ran it didn't just kill the forum cause there was a simple disagreement.

I've no idea on their RMA service sorry.

Try replacing your hardware, if possible, with anything else you have: do it one at a time. Try the PSU for example: no power = bad supply?? bad ATX or 12V connection?

7. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

what disagrement?

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Basically they slandered the RD600 chipset based board that DFI were making as not-quite Lanparty standard. DFI didn't like that, and told him he shouldn't say things like that if he wanted to keep their relationship going, so he just decided to kill DFI-street over it.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

right, thats truly pathetic

10. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

actually he was a DFI support employee & DFI-Street was paid for out of his pocket.
    He was telling it how he saw it - that it wasn't as good as their existing mobos but was more expensive but it was a bit foolish as he inevitably got the sack ...
    He now has DIY-Street :hehe: with all the old DFI-Street posts plus opened it up to all brands.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Of which DFI heavily supported also. Regardless, there's tactful ways of doing things and getting kicked in the nuts way of doing things.

Yep, it's damn expensive and not overly performance hungry thanks to the AMD chipset memory delinking, but to call it a non-lanparty board is just insane and insulting to those who developed the board and bios.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Mar 2007
  12. WaLLaWaLLa92

OK problem fixed, Thanks :)

Last edited: 21 Mar 2007
  13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You've fixed it? It works?