1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Diablo 3 for consoles 'is possible'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

well thats rather an odd thing to say, its clearly going to be "theoretically" possible, after all its just porting a game from one type of computer to another. they didnt even need to say it tbh. its not like they have said its possible to release it on a microwave. i wonder why they have even made that statement if there are no plans to release it.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2008
  3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

haha, diablo on the micro wave....quick mf run whilst waiting for your leftover curry...hehe.

4. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

guess it is down to how much it gets pirated on the PC.

5. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

am I the only one who remembers the original diablo port on the PlayStation? it was good though character saves took up a single block each on your memory card and save games (as in saving your world, where everything died and all the drops in the game) took up damn near most, if not all of your memory card and that was if it was empty to begin with.

6. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

How do you mean?

7. salesman

salesman Minimodder

I would like to see it on the PS3.

8. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

This is as informative as telling us it would be possible to make the game in the first place.

Why?

9. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Talk about news not actually being news, a freakin moron could tell you it is possible. PC is better, so who cares about if a lesser console version is possible,

10. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

no more diablo3 news, i have to forget about it as seconds have felt like hours since I heard about it and browsed the website......any ETA? this year at least

11. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Spare us. Don't waste time on a console port, get it finished properly and then do an expansion pack worthy of LoD.

12. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

This just in!

Games can be tweaked to work on games consoles!

13. Jik

Jik A Dremel, what is it?

If Blizzard wants to be smart about this they could make a port for both ps3 and 360 and simply have a requirement for a usb keyboard / mouse. Since both systems support usb I cant see it being a huge problem. Make all versions log onto battle.net the same way and boom.

14. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

^^what he said :)

15. OmegaRed59

OmegaRed59 What's a Dremel?

This would work for PS3 but Microsoft prohibits use of keyboard and mouse in games.

16. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

Blizzard knows their audience and knows that they will sell millions of copies even without a console port. Its therefore in their best interest to focus solely on making the PC/Mac versions the best they can be. Who says PC gaming is dead?
    As for the piracy argument... yeah, its gonna pirated. Starcraft was pirated, and so was D2, but you know what? If you wanted to play on BNet, you had to buy the game, and that right there got a bunch of people to finally pony up the $30 and buy it once they played single player and wanted more.

17. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one who thinks his answer makes perfect sense? Don't get me wrong I really don't see Diablo on a console, and yes probably any game can be converted to work on a console. But really you should rather be wondering what dumb reporter asked the question.... I mean what is the guy going to say "what a dumb question ofc it will not be ported to consoles" and this way insult the reporter and a lot of console fan-boys... or just play it safe and say that "sure it's could be done" it's not like he has actually said anything that binds

18. MachineUK

MachineUK What's a Dremel?

PC to console porting leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Look at the Unreal games, first you see a ported version of an unreal game to a console...........then, the next thing you know, Unreal III comes out with what seems like a poorly ported console version of a menu system with a smalll amount of options!!!!! With the game starting its life on PC!!! GTA.....the list goes on!! Leave Diablo on the PC.........it's home, what , it's too good for its HOME..........

19. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I think the Wii would be the perfect console for such game, as you have a the Wiimote that can act as a mouse.

20. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

its diablo. that in itself is enough to make me want to buy it.

Tags: Add Tags