1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3 has real money auction houses

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by yakyb, 1 Aug 2011.

1. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

So Diablo 3 will feaature real money Auction houses

At first i thought , 'YUCK!'

then i thought well maybe if done correctly

then i thought im really not sure

http://bit.ly/oNBAwb

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Not sure what to think about that, if true. Most of the best gear should be player made so allowing people to buy it with real money is allowing people to get ahead of the game. We'll see.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2011
  3. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I've no real issue with this. People use to sell Diablo 2 items on ebay etc same with wow accounts. I'd rather blizzard gets the money instead of ebay personally.

4. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Agree i would rather see it designed for than some third party making up for it
    personally i think im for it, however if it has been porrly done and some kid with $500 and 5 hours play time shouting Noob all over the screen can kill people i think there will be problems

It will be very interesting a month or 2 in to see how much money some people are making

Is this the future?

5. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Also has a ban on any sort of mods as per their T&C.

And always-on DRM (effectively).

Discuss

6. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Not an issue, it's Blizzard and nothing less was expected. Mods are hardly needed, the game is piss-simple - smash things to bits in a spray of blood and gore; collect loot. :)

Always on DRM is unavoidable. Considering 90% of people playing will be doing so online with friends and randoms anyway makes it superfluous to even mention. :thumb:

7. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

8. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

clearly you've never played Median XL :p

Also, I think given blizzards past history with modding, most people expected it to be a part of the game.

Edit: As for the in-game real money auction house: NO. I honestly can't think of a way the game could work without totally F**king up the balance.
    Also I am willing to put money on the fact you can't make actual money from it, you only get blizzard points or something like that to spend on anything in the blizzard store.

9. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

It will be real life, actual US $$. As an added bonus Blizzard will look after said money, and even spend it for you on things they know you want and need!! :clap: :hehe:

10. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

11. CrazyBlade

CrazyBlade What's a Dremel?

As someone said elsewhere, if this is the future of gaming, my days as a gamer are numbered.

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Always online: Ugh. For reasons of fairness it makes sense to make sure everyone's playing the same game and not cheating and all that, but always on? Could have at least made offline mode characters and online characters separate affairs. It's a compromise, but it's certainly a better option.

No mods: Reasons of fairness and all, but then look at WoW. Limit it to UI modding, plenty of gamers love to customize their UIs in games.

Real money auction house: I'm going to hate seeing people running around sporting gear their skill level and determination can't otherwise get them simply because they were willing to fork over more cash. Ebay and such does mean that things happen anyway but they're relative rare and Blizzard is pretty good at cracking down on it, at least with WoW (and let's me honest, isn't D3 just shaping up to be another Blizzard MMO anyway?).

Might just be passing on Diablo 3. Torchlight 2 isn't going to be that far behind it and there's already a massive amount of games coming up.

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Considering how much I love Titan Quest it seems Grim Dawn might be much more up my alley anyway.

14. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

Is an interesting feat, will be cool to see how it pans out

15. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

Yeah, yeah, boycott and all that but I simply don't spend my benjamins on games made by developers who pull stuff like this out of their hat and are incredibly arrogant about it.

I was supposed to be buying two copies of Diablo 3, one for the missus, one for me, but the removal of LAN play and all the other BS means I wont be shelling out on this.

What will I be spending that £70+ on instead?

Two copies of this: http://www.torchlight2game.com/

One or two copies of this: http://www.grimdawn.com/

16. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

I cant wait for this game :clap: chars will role :cooldude: the RMAH will be intresting to see how it all pans out, it might F up the game but i will get some good gaming hours of fun out of it anyway :rock:

17. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

Those will be purchased by myself as well but I cant help to think that this in-game cash @ the AH thing will probably more or less destroy gold farming etc, because why would you need vast amounts of ingame currency if you can just buy items directly.

Anyway, given the thousands of hours I've played D2LOD I just have to try this, also blizzard has yet to release a game I've not enjoyed hundreds of hours playing so..

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Quote from the article...

•Interestingly, Blizzard's official position is that if an item gets altered in a patch down the line, Blizzard will not provide a refund or any other accommodations if this happens. So buyer beware: your new loot could get nerfed.

Forum explosion imminent!!!

19. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I love it. I could never get a legit high level rune, they're nigh on impossible to get. As were bits of rares and what not. This will stop those spam bots and maintain a balanced eco system if done right. Look forward to this.

20. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Dont be ridiculous. That is pure common sense.