1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Diablo 3 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 17 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I won't be getting it until it hits some sort of sale. A big one. £45 is a hell of a lot for a game.

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

If you preordered, you could have got it for £24.99 :) And personally, I think it's just more of the same, but then I like Diablo I and II, so I'm happy. :)

4. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

I played the open beta and thought it was ok, but nothing amazing beyond a little bit of nostalgia from all those hours wasted on Diablo 1 and 2. Lack of customization showed, but I guess since the time I enjoyed previous Diablo games, I've been spoiled with MMORPGs and great single player RPGs like Amalur and Skyrim.
    Ultimately I think I'm going to pass on Diablo 3. If I've got to be connected to the internet to play a RPG, I may as well play a MMORPG. Currently playing the free to play Aion while waiting on Guild Wars 2.

5. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

To be honest, that didn't seem like a good bet at the time. Nobody I knew came out of the beta with anything good to say about it.

6. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

sitting at lvl 25 at the moment, almost through act 2, and i gotta say - it's great fun indeed. :)
    And from what i've understood, people playing the higher difficulty levels are saying that it gets brutally hard later on.
    I'm with you on the itemization thing, so far seems to be pretty mediocre.

and the graphics - first act for me was a total let down, but act 2 changed my mind, the detail etc is just awesome. this is purely an artistic game when it comes to graphics - i doubt it that anyone thought otherwise as well.
    so yeah, I'm also massively disappointed with the on-line only, but i'm starting to see why as well - you see a friend playing, just click on his name "join party", and you'll be in his game in 10 seconds. awesome for encouraging partying.

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

"enormous wait and hype" - that sums it up. Hype in particular for what is essentially a dated looking kids game.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

No matter what the critics think this game is going to get killed on the user scores on aggregate sites. Always on DRM does not play well with a lot of people's internet connections.

Oh, and meh. I'll just play Torchlight again, I think it cost me about £1.20 in a Steam sale :)

9. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I have watched a few streams the last few days, and I can honestly say I dont find it interesting at all.
    I generally judge games on streams now, all it takes is to watch it for a while, rather than watch the hyped up trailers with targeted gameplay footage that is designed to make you like it.
    I have saved myself quite a bit on games that initially look fun, but then seem kind of boring.
    I will be staying well clear of D3, I am not saying its a bad game, just that it isnt what I am looking for in a game right now.

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Does it mean that you can see your friend playing single mode and jump in to help him? Like a second character in his single mode?

11. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

Up to 4 people per game, yes

12. Phalanx

"Help" might be the wrong term to use here. When someone joins, the game ups the difficulty automatically. Leave, and it drops it again. It balances it for the number of players.

13. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

I reckon Torchlight 2 over Diablo 3.

14. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

This for me too. I really enjoyed TL1 and it was an utter bargain, TL2 will be much better I'm sure.

16. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

For us traveling and/or budgeted gamers, definately.

17. Phalanx

I'll get both. :)

18. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Ooh, get you, Little Lord Fontleroy!

LoL...

:thumb:

19. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

The need for always on internet has turned me off this game. Would be interesting to know if you can complete the game as a solo.

Got Torchlight but never really played so will give that ago, also we have the HD remake of Baluders Gate this summer as well

20. Phalanx

I like that name. I may have to make a character with it...

Tags: Add Tags