1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Hit Paragon level 10 today. So far enjoying the changes to the game. Not tried any MP levels yet!

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Sweet! Thank you very much:) I will let you know when I hit 60. Shouldn't be too long I guess, each day when I play I jump 2-3 levels. Looks like I will hit 60 in the middle of Hell, I think.

Did you guys try to sell some of the items on AH? I put some rare items for sale for £1.99, after I looked on some prices of similar items. Do sell a lot of stuff on AH? Is it worth doing it?

3. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

I tend to farm at mp1 myself, just because it is soooo fast, and I don't have to use any health potions. I do A3 runs in about 20mins this way. If I farm with a friend tend to do mp3-5, depending on what we feel like.

Either way - I don't do public games, as leachers are annoying, and you don't want to have to drag them along.

So you guys doing infernal machines yet? I regularly do mp8 machines with a few friends (DH, BARB, WIZZ + MONK) and we did it on mp9 the other day for a laugh - damn it takes a long time to kill anything! On a happy note, I can now tank on mp8 without dying as long as I pay attention.

Most legendaries I find are useless - trying to flog a set source on AH atm for 25million - best sell so far was around 20million for a set barb hat. I don't play regularly enough to find amazing items, and I don't like RMAH so I don't sell on there.

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Hell it is!!! :D
    I finished Nightmare last night. I have to say Diablo was at one point a bit to pushy:)
    But I didn't die, but this time I had to use those energy bawls standing there.
    Finished it being on 51 level, so pretty ok.
    I liked those big monsters with those column legs, don't remember how they are called. They are pretty heavy to kill, give lots of exp points. I guess Act 4 is good for farming, lots of elite monsters.
    So this weekend I will kill on Hell! :)

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Just re-installed this myself. Have heard that there's been enough changes to warrant another look, so I'm dusting off the 60's (barb and DH) and getting stuck in again.

Anyone run down the major changes and what to sort out/do, straight off the bat?

6. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7528695/
    There you go :D

I've been farming xp like a crazy person. Paragon 88.

Alot more vaible builds now for barb.

WW, Rend, Hammer

Main change for WW, proc rate of nados reduced from 0.2 to 0.08 so attack speed is now vital to make it viable.

7. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I just read what paragon means:)

Few more minutes in Diablo and I'm on Hell, Act 2, Monk level 56:)
    I'm starting to feel a little bit bored by playing same thing third time, but really what to see what is going to happen on Inferno:)
    AH isn't going well, nothing is sold. Perhaps I got some average items for sale... Even for a £2...

8. Digi

Thanks for the great info, I've been popping daemon faces most of the weekend and although my DH was great fun and could still do his business in MP3, my barb was kicked all over the place.

Can you run through these new builds and what's required to make them work? I need to replace a bunch of gear but it's just hilarious how I can barely do MP1 with the barb but I can sail through with DH - who has 23k hp and no resists - on MP3.. :(

9. Comfyasabadger

WW - 24% Movement speed, 40% crit chance.

Wrath of the Berserker - Thrive on Chaos
    Battle Rage - Into the Fray
    Sprint - Run like the Wind
    Whirlwind - Hurricane

I use bash - Punish and Overpower - Killing Spree but you can use Shout with extra REs.
    PAssives Ruthless and Weapons MAster and third I use Bloodthirst but you can use more defensive skill.

Then like anything else as much Str Vit and All Res Crit damage. Once you start getting better gear Life % and attack speed.

I also forgot the weapon throw build which is fun for ranged barbs, for that it's vital that you have a spear called, "The Three Hundredth Spear" and also a belt and or ring that reduced the rage cost of weapon throw.

Btw if anyone needs some help or company or even some alts power leveling let me know.

Comfy#2504 - Say your from Bit-Tech in the message as I might ignore the request.

Do some googling for the wep throw and rend builds I dont really use them.

Last edited: 19 Nov 2012
    Digi likes this.
  10. Digi

Yet again, awesome info man, appreciate it. That collates hours of browsing forums instantly.. :thumb:

I got Immortal Kings Boulder Breaker (?) yesterday from a random event when farming keys in act 2. 1454 dmg, loads str, vit, 3% extra dmg versus elites. I also have the Immortal Kings belt with 14% bash dmg on. Someone recommended I go for the Throw build with this immense 2 hander. What you reckon?

11. Comfyasabadger

It's ok I guess. What skill affix do you have on it?
    The 2H to have is Skorn with as High Crit Damage as you can find around 300str and then LoH is a bonus.

But for wep throw you definately need to 1Handers the OH being the spear or you will be rage starved.

I'll be online tonight, send me a /w and I'll lend you a wep throw belt and OH, keeping them for when I get bored of WW :D

12. Digi

Cool, I'll not be on til 8 GMT or so, see you then.

13. Comfyasabadger

Let me know how you get on with the new setup/gear.

As I said overpower and sprint aren't vital. You could put in revenge if you have survivability problems.

14. Digi

It worked pretty fantastically on a test run on MP2.. I'll try ramping up, I took bash in the end but might pickup revenge.

Many REP for all the help dude! :thumb:

15. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

we should do a bit-tech machine run. I tend to do machines at mp8 with my friends, but happy to start on lower MP depending on who is in the group.

mp8 machines with 25k hp is a challenge! ;)

16. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Here's my current DH setup. Got a few new items but I'm slightly confused on the "best" infernal build.

I really really like elemental arrow with the frost arrow, coupled with the cull the weak passive (15% extra dmg against slowed enemies) it's very nice. I'm going to swap out the entangle shot for something more dmg efficient as the slow on it just isn't practical combined with the frost rune. Now the dmg drop to switch to lightning ball isn't attractive, but there are a lot of situations where lightning ball is better (more predictable for AoE, a2 key farming). If I swap to lightning ball I'm not sure what else needs to be changed. Obviously culling the weak will need to be swapped out. I'm also not sure if sharpshooter is most appropriate. My gear adds 38% crit, not sure what my base is but being close to 40% I'm not sure if I really need sharpshooter anymore. Vault, Shadow power, smoke screen and companion are staying as right now I love the utility and survive they give me.

17. Digi

I personally haven't changed my spec from hungering arrow, cluster arrow for months, once you get used to predicting where the cluster arrow is going, the dmg is sensational.
    Unfortunately, I can't comment past MP3 currently, still got a lot of gearing up to do.

18. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys who plays Monk - what active/passive skills do you use the most?

19. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Switched elemental to lightning ball and than the entangle shot for hungering arrow. I threw in the explosion on crit and it's pretty effective. As for passives, I swapped out cull the weak for the other one that increases dmg by 20% when monsters are 10 feet away. I find its harder to kite but the balls are more effective for tight halls and big groups. Now I'm wondering if I should swap out the bat for preparation to compensate for no slows with more utility / survive.

Digi, could you link your profile? Seems you have a variety of characters because I remember you talking about a barb earlier on too.

Edit: Just sold a barb stone of jordan for 40 million, went and picked me up inna's pants, lowish lucani prowlers and a nats ring. The ring was expensive but now I have 3 pieces so get a free 130 dex. Boosted dps up to 250k :D Next I need to either save for better stuff OR save for the expensive gems.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2012
  20. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Arrow? That doesn't sound like Monk skills - do you play Monk?