News DICE announces Battlefield 4 netcode, balance fixes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 Jun 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

Whilst it's great fun to complain about EA & of course this should have been sorted for release it is great that they do continue to push out patches and updates.

How many of us have bought a game that is clearly broken in one way or another and never received any patches.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I gave up playing this tbh and can't see myself going back. I definitely would have got a refund if it was possible... Will probably also avoid any further BF titles too in case they're as terribly put together as this when they first come out...

4. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

So they're still running the paid closed beta then? :D

Seriously, this game is what, 8 months old now? And its still experiencing bugs from release!? BF3, Sim city and then BF4 finally made me learn the lesson and I refuse to buy any EA games nowadays. I didn't buy Titanfall and it sounded like that had some "fun" day 1 issues also.

People should really stop buying these games when they're rushed out and not finished; don't even pirate them, that gives them an excuse for bad sales.

Corky42 likes this.
  5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Same, and honestly, its a great shame since if I recall correctly I played Battlefield 3 for over 300 hours!

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Also, since the development has moved to DICE LA, its been nothing but great. I feel for them too, having to fix someone else's broken game.

7. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I played it again this weekend for a few hours. Major issues are still ingame, I am still getting shot from behind the wall due to the netcode. I know the new patch isn't online yet but this is frankly shocking 8 months after release.

There are still many many "invisible walls" in every map, as well as invisible trees.

I won't be buying BF Hardline, I didn't buy titanfall. I will probably get Mirrors Edge 2 as I cant see how they could possibly mess that up, but I don't think I will get battlefront 3.
    Basically my trust in DICE ability to create multiplayer games has been lost. I have no confidence in their ability in this area of game design at the moment.

8. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

still a quality game even with the lousy netcode, just shocked how it's taken them almost 1 year to fix

even with lousy netcode I still have a KDR of almost 2.0, bought the game about 3 months back (only instalment of BF I have not had at release date)

and I'm not a sniper, I'm a flag taker (carbine, assault rifle, LMG etc) - just before someone explodes and tells me to stop sniping

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

"Welp Johan and Lars, it's been a solid 9 months. I think it's time to start working on core game mechanics!"

- DICE President and CEO; Swedish Chef.