1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Diesels

Discussion in 'General' started by xen0morph, 6 Aug 2003.

1. samuelellis

samuelellis New Member

long live the diesel revoloution

2. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I want to build a DIY Diesel Jet :) does that count?

3. samuelellis

samuelellis New Member

urm dunno tbh

/me lubs diesel

heck my pug leaves the nova boys standing & that is rathter odd as its a bog standard car

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

My friends bottom-of-the-range Ford Ka whoops their asses... I ain't surprised you pug does... considering most novas are 1.4 and have no real performance mods, just super loud exhausts :hehe:

5. -Rx-

-Rx- New Member

& 500kgs of spoilers, arches and LED's, not surprising there slow!

My old 1.2 Nova was faster than most 1.4 Novas anyhow, never quite sure how that work, was cool whizzing past them in my little, bog standard rust bucket :D

6. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

c4n j00 |\|05 4 d1353|?

7. HellDiver

HellDiver New Member

You can only NOS the new Common-Rail diesel engines. The old "mechanical" diesels don't work the same way, so you'd have pre-combustion, and then lots of bent and melted things.

NOS is for wusses anyway. Just add a huge turbo, an even bigger intercooler, and chip the thing and you're away. :)

8. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

I used to have a Commer Lambourne 6-horse box for carting my decks and PA system about in and that had a two-stroke diesel engine in which I didn't even know existed till I bought it!

Nowadays I have a slightly more practical, if less roomy diesel... Audi 80 TDi

[​IMG]

9. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

someone knows there diesles!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: on!!!!!

Seriously most diesels are the same just differen t sizes. My brothers truck was like a small disel one of my friends had. Its insane how much power they have. Just need to know how to tap it. My brothers truck had 335hp stock. There was a rock crawler that was like his. Had a turbo,chip, new exhaust, intake, and the likes. Think he boasted 600+. And it would go up some insane angles... :D :D I love disels.

10. samuelellis

samuelellis New Member

my 1.9 diesel will easily hit about 150bhp as its a mecahnical diesel (1992 1.9 peugot block)

my dads 2ltr hdi is tunable to 200bhp :D

11. HellDiver

HellDiver New Member

200hp out of a 2.0 HDi - fine as long as you like rebuilding the bottom end of the engine every 10,000 miles. Not to mention the gearbox and clutch. :)

Anyone interested in big diesels should visit Cummins and Perkins sites on the web. Some very funky stuff on those sites.

Perkins have a 16 cylinder 64-valve 61-litre turbocharge engine for generator use. 2200bhp at the flywheel. :naughty:

Tags: