1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Different GTA IV content on PS3 & 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 18 Oct 2006.

1. Garside

Garside New Member

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN New Member

thats really really stupid. of course if you own both consoles you buy 2 games and its win win for rockstar. however if you only own one your essentially losing out big time.
    i heard the bits for the 360 one were downloadable too, i dont want a whole game on my harddrive, its wasting a lot of space when it could be on a dvd

ill waifor the pc one, its bound to have both games amalgamated into one

3. Arkangyl

Arkangyl New Member

I think Rockstar did this so Jack Thompson will have to file a few extra lawsuits to cover everything. Why make it easy on the guy by only having one version?

4. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

MS probably did some arm twisting to get exclusive content, then Sony did the same.

However, I'm not a fan of the GTA series anyway so I don't care.

5. riggs

riggs ^_^

Not too fussed as I'd prefer to play on a PC, but exclusive content is just a crap way of making more money (the hardcore GTA fans will no doubt get both versions).
    Fair enough if it's because of a hardware limitation (like being able to use your own MP3's in the PC version of Vice City, but not the console version), but it's obviously not...

6. EQC

EQC New Member

yikes...and you left out the part about having to also pay extra for the extra content on both consoles. So, that's $400 for the 360 w/ hard drive, $50 for GTA on 360, at least $10 for the extra content on the 360, $600 for the PS3, $50 for GTA on the PS3, $10 for the extra content on the PS3. So, total cost to experience all of GTA IV is $1120....if my price estimates are accurate (if anything, I'd bet my estimates for the game and the extras are low)

...this "paying for extra content" business is pretty clever. If it was announced that the game would cost $70, people would flip out....but they'll sell the game for a lower price, then charge you a little here and there for extra content, and pretty soon you've still paid $70 for stuff that probably all would have fit on the original DVD.

hmmm...another thought: theoretically, I could re-sell the game to a friend later...but I bet there's no way to transfer the extra content, huh? Cute, real cute. Looks like paying for extra content is a way for the original game manufacturers to keep making money off of people selling used disks....

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

waiting for the PC version, and people that will make free extra content and mods and all kind of stuff for it.

8. speedfreek

speedfreek New Member

Yep, gta is just more fun when you can properly aim. Almost makes it too easy.

9. hughwi

hughwi Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly :D

10. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK New Member

A year is a long way away in gaming!!!

Things will change again, this is not final and who cares if it is, I really hope that games do not get ruined by digital downloadable content, unless its made free its a rip-off, to pay 49.99 for a game and have to pay for extras should be made illegal in all country's.

11. Evenge

Evenge Member

damm I realy miss the good old days when game consoles realy were GAME consoles, not home entertaiment systems! Back then everything was much more simple than now. :wallbash:

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Ah well, I'll wait for the PC version. Extra content is unimportant imo. I'll play the story at first, but all I'm really after is opening up all the areas, getting a decent save with lots of guns and money and then just being able to load it up any time and drive around listening to my own tunes or maybe kill a whole load of cops. Great for chilling out.

Tags: Add Tags