1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digi Cam Survey Here!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snifta, 17 Dec 2003.

?

What Manufacturer Of DIGI Cam?

1. Kodak

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. Sony

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. Fuji

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  4. HP

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Canon

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. snifta

snifta Guest

I want ppl's views on digital cameras, i am only lookin at spending no more and i mean no more than 200 notes on one. used to have 1 mp digi cam, since sold that and want s0mething with zoom and auto focus.

I am looking at the Sony Cybershot p72, only 186.99 on amazon ( sorry if i am not allowed to advertise)
    ANy other people got any views on others?

Dont really want to touch cheaper makes, e.g. Olympus, not a fan of them, nor kodak with their silly software they install on yer pc.

Thanks

just to add, i have used this sony one before and am quite happy with its performance.

2. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

hi snifta,

ive recently bought a minolta X20, its only 2MP, but that seems easily fine for 6x4 photos, and its 3x optical & 4x digital, as well as the usual bits and bobs! i like it cos its nice and small and only cost about £160! pick up a 256mb card from e-buyer and youre set!

ive not used teh sony personally, but from what ive seen they seem to be a very good range.

hope thats helpful!

RoB

3. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

Nikon CoolPix :)

4. olv

olv he's so bright

Whoops, answered the poll before i read the post :wallbash: hehe. thought it was a 'What kind of Digi cam do you have?' thing lol. My sony is pretty nice, although its got no optical zoom and the digital zoom is pretty ****e. Nice quality pictures.

When getting a camera, definately look for one with a macro mode, wish i had one. extremely useful for taking pictures of things up CLOSE :D

5. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

I have the Sony Cybershot p71 (identical model except no audio on movie clips). Had it for about a year and a half now and been very happy with it.

If you get it tho - buy an extra set of Ni-MH rechargeables - as it eats through normal alkalines in no time! :eeek:

6. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

My step mom has an HP 700 something. It takes pretty good pics, and has the macro mode. 3.3MP, 2x or 3x optical, and 2 x digital. uses mmc card. think either an 8 or a 16 came with it. It was around 800 can$ a couple years ago, and last I saw it, it was around 350-400 about 6 months ago. It may be a discontinued product though. came with a carrying back and usp cable. Camera functions as a mmc reader or a digi cam. in mmc mode, I can put all kinds a stuff on it like mp3 and stuff... hehehe maybe that was why she bought the 128 meg card, and then the 256 :lol:

7. Zombie

Zombie What's a Dremel?

Cannon ixus. I don't have one myself, just got a ****ty generic 2 Megapixel thing. I've seen some of my mates snaps with the ixus -- they're absolutely amazing, plus the cam itself looks ace!

8. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Canon PowerShot A80. Bit more than you want to spend though.

The A70 is the next model down and is just as nice. The A70 is a 3.2MP camera and the A80 is a 4MP.

9. Trickle

Trickle What's a Dremel?

Another vote for Canon here.

10. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I have a canon A70 here and no complaints really nice picture quality most of my picts are at 2 mega pixels as I don't print higher than 6x4.
    I like the screen on the A80 looks nice.

11. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

Other!

Canon :rock:

12. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Canon, nothing else comes close :rock:

13. MrShake

MrShake What's a Dremel?

I gotta disagree about cannon... they are well built cameras, but they are just packed with IMHO useless features. We got a Nikon coolpix 4300 for a wedding present and WOW, I am VERY impressed with this camera in many different circumstances!!

14. reGen

reGen Minimodder

i want to disagree with you branding olympus as cheap! they make some excellent cameras and are a well established brand, I would choose them over all in your list except fuji.

15. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Canon, no question.

I have the EOS 10D and it is faultless, my firend has the A70 and he got the same software as me for a camera nearly a tenth of the price. Can't go wrong.

16. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Why so many cannon replies but so little votes for cannon on the poll? :-/ I'd like to use this as a guide to buying a digi cam but meh.. anyone have examples of cameras and the pictures it takes?

17. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

i also have the nikon coolpix, :D

18. Cyric

Cyric What's a Dremel?

I have to vote for FujiFilm. I have an old FinePix1400Zoom, 1.3mp 3x optical 2x Digital. Let me tell you, this thing is the best little bang around camera ever. It has a cover that slides over the lens (which retracts) when it's off, and I've dropped it more times than I can count with no side affects. Optical Zoom is 100% "the bomb".

I'm snapping awesome photos when everyone else is trying to figure out what setting to use. It's super clear in daylight or with the flash and it does a great job of knowing when the flash is needed, and when not. This takes great pictures...girl at the Walmart was shocked at how good the pictures looked when she printed them, she commented on how it didn't "look digital".

Best thing is - under $50.00usd on ebay!

:edit:
    examples... I took these in my grandfathers dingy basement with only an old overhead shop light flickering away.
    Macro
    Neat Bits and Pieces

Last edited: 23 Mar 2004
  19. ndtinker

ndtinker Car Washoholic

I've got a Canon A60, great little camera. Good photos and does videos with sound. Dosen't require any drivers or software to get the photos off. Also uses CompactFlash which is extremely cheap for flash memory. Has great battery life, manual controls, and is easy to use 1 handed if needed.

20. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Any example images you'd be willing to share?

cyric, thanks... that camera looks awesome (though I'm not too keen on buying a used camera >.<)