1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News DirectX 11 optimises for multithreading and GPGPU

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 1 Aug 2008.

1. scuzzphut

scuzzphut perfectly normal

How hard is it to get DX10 running on XP ? Anyone actually tried this ? I'd love to get Halo2 running on my XCP box :)

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Go search for it on bit-tech forum. It was discussed enough.

3. obSCURED

obSCURED New Member

UAC is able to be set at multiple levels on se7en, I just got ahold of the Windows7 RTM not too long ago (which for those that don't know, is the final version or Release To Manufacterer) I can without a doubt say it is far more than just an "upgraded vista" The amount of security problems they solved is amazing alone, As for the UAC thing, I was always annoyed in vista that you got the red shield on startup if you had it turned off. This is not the case in windows7, when turned off it gives you no warnings after. The new taskbar features are mind-blowing, the speed in comparison to vista is incredible, there is a new location now called "library" it acts as a general location that you may put all of your most used folders in. You can choose to have it pinned to your taskbar, I removed it due to it being a kind of ugly icon lol. DX11 is amazing, you can tell a difference. 7 also includes a new version of paintshop that is very similar to adobe photoshop, as well as the new pretty much unseen Windows Media Player 12, WMP12 is more like the media player embedded in Windows Media Center, It is a solid black box that your films, vids ect play in but when you scroll over it a tranparent bar with all of your buttons shows up until you scroll off WMP again. All of the drivers that worked on Vista SP1 and SP2 are transferred over to this OS as well. The only thing I had to do is uninstall AVG antivirus and reinstall it due to it losing some files (this might have possibly happened during upgrade) ALL IN ALL, WINDOWS 7 IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, I loved vista and this blows it out of the water!

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

@obSCURED,
    Welcome to bit-tech forum! :D

On your post, sorry, but:
    1- Reducing UAC in Win7 reduces security level. Max security would be to set it to max level which is what Vista was. So technically Win7 is less secure by default on that section, but true that there was many security fixes applied.

2- DirectX11 cannot be seen at anyone outside a video manufacturing engineer from a company which work on a DirectX11 video card. So far no DirecttX11 compatible video cards exists. Moreover, there is no content for this and that will take a long time before we start to see true fully DirectX11 content to judge.

3- Microsoft doesn't not have "Paintshop". It's just an updated Microsoft Paint with a new look and few new features. No where near big programs like: Corel PaintShop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Paint.NET (not associated with Microsoft) and The Gimp.

5. obSCURED

obSCURED New Member

I said that it is similar to photoshop, i did not say it was. As for my calling it paintshop, i hardly see how there was a correction necessary there, we all know what I meant. As for directx11, although the full version cannot be used on any particular video card currently, it is a fact that ATI has video cards out currently that are compatible with the proper driver updates. As for UAC, i belive that is a matter of preference. I cannot stand it so I choose to turn it off. I have multiple firewalls and a decent amount of computer knowlege so I can do checks of security manually. Don't take what I say rudely, I am not doubting your intelligence. I am just saying that I research things just as much as the next pc nerd would.

Tags: Add Tags