1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dirt 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 25 Apr 2011.

  1. blackworx

    blackworx Cable Wrangler

    Joined:
    31 Jan 2008
    Posts:
    77
    Likes Received:
    2
    IMHO Codemasters want to do an out-of-order "purists only" release that's basically an updated, expanded CMR2005. Hearing that Dirt 3 is "60%" normal rallying is quite good news, especially compared to the disappointment that was Dirt 2 (even ignoring the godawful presentation and timewasting "rich menus") but I would be very surprised if the other 40% didn't still annoy the hell out of me, and 40% is basically half the game.
     
  2. metarinka

    metarinka New Member

    Joined:
    9 Feb 2003
    Posts:
    1,844
    Likes Received:
    3
    excuse me they had different names in the game. Trailblazer (hill climb), rally cross, trophy trucks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_McRae:_Dirt_2 Dirt 1 definitely had dump trucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GquPWZZ8q5I what games were you playing?
     
  3. UrbanSmooth

    UrbanSmooth Surround Gamer

    Joined:
    27 Apr 2011
    Posts:
    98
    Likes Received:
    1
    I was planning on buying Dirt 2 to run on my Nvidia Surround setup, however, Dirt 3 looks very promising. I think I'll wait for D3.
     
  4. flaming_goat

    flaming_goat New Member

    Joined:
    24 Sep 2009
    Posts:
    51
    Likes Received:
    0
    Funny how all the comments in that video are people saying they aren't dump trucks :p

    More importantly GFWL! arrrgh! Cant they see everyone hates it from the previous games. Ive never seen a good comment about it. It took me a good half hour to get dirt 2 to work then my save corrupted halfway through the campaign. Its so annoying because the codemasters part of the game is incredible. I guess Microsoft gives them money for making it a GFWL but cant they just have some in game adverts or summat.
     
  5. leveller

    leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

    Joined:
    1 Dec 2009
    Posts:
    1,107
    Likes Received:
    24
    It is odd why they use it. Most PC gamers prefer Steam than GFWL, so why the heck does Codemasters use GFWL? Are they completely out of touch with PC gamers? Do they have a network programmer who favours GFWL instead of Steam?
     
  6. Ipatinga

    Ipatinga Don´t bother... I´m right

    Joined:
    10 Nov 2010
    Posts:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    DiRT 2.... very nice..... GFWL.... ****ed it. Add the annoying save games (when you format your pc for instance) and the long introduction you can´t skip.... DiRT2 went down to nice.

    DiRT 3.... awesome so far.... GFWL... ****ed it (jezzz Codemaster... damn you for using GFWL). I´m not going to buy DiRT 3 at all due to GFWL....
     
  7. Pieface

    Pieface Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    8 Mar 2009
    Posts:
    3,355
    Likes Received:
    134
    GFWL ****ed it? Without playing the game? You're good if you can read the future.

    To be honest, I've never had a major problem with GFWL. Don't see what all the anger is about.
     
  8. Kovoet

    Kovoet New Member

    Joined:
    26 Aug 2009
    Posts:
    7,129
    Likes Received:
    348
    Right I think it's time to get a steering wheel and put my gamepad away for a while as this looks good
     
  9. omicron

    omicron Baud.

    Joined:
    8 May 2004
    Posts:
    722
    Likes Received:
    24
    Never understood what the big deal about GFWL is. Not had a problem with it personally.
     
  10. leveller

    leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

    Joined:
    1 Dec 2009
    Posts:
    1,107
    Likes Received:
    24
    All of my friends are on Steam and only the guys I played Dirt2 with are on GFWL. It's a waste of time and space for PC's.
     
Tags: Add Tags

Share This Page