1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows DiRT 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bluespider42, 22 May 2011.

1. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

You have to complete Gymkhana before you can go to the next module of regular races, although you can skip the Drift Showcase if you've accrued enough points through regular races.

Here's a tip - if you want to keep playing races you've already won (either using the same car and playing the same season or switching) DON'T enter the final (until you're absolutely ready) as that shuts them off.

It's still an awesome game though - as long as you know how to bend the rules to your advantage.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2011
  2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Duly noted!

Cerberus90 - Snow racing in a mini was the most fun I'd had in a while :thumb:

The problem I have with Gynkhana is that is MAKES you do the event. You cannot proceed without getting at least 3rd. I don't give a **** about it enough to learn how to do it properly.

3. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

So, I tried to FRAPS record a short run I did, because I thought it was pretty snazzy.

What I ended up with, was an acid trip.

Sorry for the cacky quality. The FRAPS record was 1.13GB, and I wanted to re-encode it for a quick upload. Didn't want to wait long, mind. XD

4. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

Feel free to add me guys, I'm addicted to TT at the mo! In the top 10 on a few Trailblazers and rally events now :)

5. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

I'm not the hugest fan of Gymkhana (partly due to only having a joypad, not the best for handling spins) but I usually manage to win the events with a few cheats.

And by cheats, I just mean playing the game in a way they probably didn't intend.

Like the spin zones? Shift to 2nd gear, turn in slow with the handbrake, full trottle and full turn, and just keep hammering the handbrake to maintain. If I had a wheel, I might be able to control it properly, but this gets me through. Same technique for donuts, although they are slightly trickier. Smash and drift are easy enough.

Rule of thumb is to shift down to 2nd for any trick except Air. 2nd seems to get me good drifts and spins and so on.

The only reason I learned enough to win the events is because I am a completion whore. >.> If I don't win or at least get a Gold in an event, I won't move on to the next one. It is a curse.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

hhhmmmmm.

PC or PS3.

The PS3 is hooked up nicely to the G25 and TV, whereas for the PC I have to get my second PC hooked up to the TV and play it through that.

I guess the PC version should look much better.

How are these disc copies around, if codies didn't do a disc copy, how can there be an amazon fulfilled one, doesn't that mean amazon have got all the copies of the game?

7. Sagman76

Sagman76 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys

Been playing Dirt 3 since release on SP and loving it. Went multiplayer today but didn't have much fun. Seems I could find any fair players due to ramming all the time and just ruined the experience for me. is there a race club on bitech or could you point me in the right direction. I want some fun, fast but fair racing online!
    My GFWL is giffo76

I quite like gymkhana, I must be the only one. Takes me back to joyriding days of the early nineties :joke:

On another note..I get a bit of lag/jerkyness when loading and DIRT 3 logo is panning and when it pans to the car in the service area. Is this noremal anyone else get this?

Last edited: 28 Jun 2011
  8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Sorry to dig this thread up, wasnt sure to start a new thread or not.

Recently was at I43 where i got a free copy of dirt via amd on steam, however the game doesnt work on startup, get the small dirt 3 box logo, then a smaller dark sceen which then goes non-reponsive.

Had a google around and the problem seems to be very common, had the game blue screen on me a few times, pc spec is more then enough for the games requirements.

9. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

11. pingu666

pingu666 What's a Dremel?

i got mine off someone on ebay a few weeks ago... :x

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Anyone know how to get in contact with codemasters support, as their main site goes to their fb page.

The codemasters community forum, only has members replying back to issues threads, looking to get hold of their game support if it exists.

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Just got Dirt 3, support is non existent. The color filters are annoying. But I will admit, it's quite an entertaining and fun game. Especially when there's Group B or Trailblazing involved. But the game itself is still a bit floaty and Gymkhana is the STUPIDEST thing to ever exist.

I miss the beard stroking Finns.