Discussion in 'General' started by icutebluezone, 27 Apr 2010.
Aww, but if you cover 'em up you can't look at the epic shocks.
LOL. Thats tru but keeps the dirt and stuff out.
Got this for xmas.
Picked up a steering rack for the buggy. Will have it next week. Rack and Pinion Thin Line 11"
Am I the only one who came into this thread expecting to see a vacuum cleaner?
Anyways did a little work on it today.
Got Both exhausts mounted.
Still got to take the exhausts off and paint with high temp paint.
Welded and welded into the frame 1 of the front swing arm mounts. Is shiny as I just sprayed a coat of metal protector on it.
Started stripping the rear shocks. Getting them ready to get sand blasted and recolours.
Do more on the front this week.
Stripped all 4 shocks tonight ready to get sand blasted and recoloured.
Will have more photos on weekend.
Awesome progress mate
Need to get me something like this to play with in the summer but my track toy Evo still needs a lot of work yet, have to fit the roll cage and stuff yet, all fun though
2 more bits done tonight. Man it was fun getting the angles right.
Tiny update on buggy tonight. Cutting the notch for shocks.
Inlarged this at work today to full size. Make bending the pipe to right size easyer.
After the front suspension, what else is left to do? I'm impatient to see this thing skipping dunes already!
Firewall behind seat. panels on sides and bonnet. Wires for lights and engine and dash. and other little bits and bobs.
Done a little bit on frame and frontend.
Cut down flat.
Ready to make and install nerf bar plates on.
Plates for nerf bars.
Started on fulling in the notch.
My steering rack.
Going to work on finishing the notches in frame and the other frontend plates installed. also start on a mount for rack.
Finished The notch in both sides of the front of the frame for the shocks.
Also been drilling all the side plates. Still got to drill and tap the 1's with small holes.
Not a update on buggy. Just waiting on parts to turn up for it. But I did put a graphic on both sides of my car.
Just a little update. Front plates all installed.
Top mounts bolted together and ready to install when i have made swing arms.
Just started reading this. Hugely impressive. I just hope that one day I'll find time to do something similar, but that'll be a while yet.
Off work at moment because of the earthquakes. Sick of the shakes.
But got some good news. Got my steering solumn bearings and steel for steering column.
Have draw up the rack mount plate and got one cut out of MDF at moment for testing.
Got the bearings for the steering column, Also got the steel for it this week.
Made some more plates up. They are you in the rear of buggy for swing arms.
Also got the calipar mounted to sort out the size of the spacers i need to make for it so that be me next job and look at starting a chain tensior.
Got my package i was waiting for from AUS.
And inside it was. Front disc's, brake calipers, 2 xtra sets of pads and 2 steering uni joints.
Mounted the air box other day. Still got to install air filter.
Tiny mod to the rear caliper. Removed the mounting hole tab off it that i dont need.
Got the steel for steering column. Just test fitting.
Going to do some more on it this weekend as I have 3 days off.
Good thing it has some brakes now
Separate names with a comma.