Disappointing - Out of Stock again!

Discussion in 'SCAN Computers - After Sales Support' started by jinq-sea, 3 Feb 2016.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea The Double Insulates Super Moderator

I've recently placed a couple of orders with you guys - this one (which is for a P660 Seasonic PSU), in which the item in question was shown as 'in stock' (I got the usual after hours e-mail saying that the item couldn't be found), and another order which is for some EVGA parts which, it seems, nobody seems to know the likely ETA of.

I'm probably just having a vent, but I'm really quite disappointed. I was loathe to pre-order because the money is taken from my card when ordered, not despatched (good for your bottom line I suppose), but now it's unclear when the things I've ordered will in fact be in stock.

I've since cancelled the PSU order and ordered it from Amazon for a tenner more, but I know it's already been despatched and is on the way to me.

Please, please try to do something to make this better. Every time I've ordered from you guys recently, bar one order before Christmas, something has gone awry!

EDIT: and now I've been offered free carriage on my next order - despite already having free carriage! That sure feels like a kick in the teeth.

Last edited: 3 Feb 2016
  2. thom804

thom804 Member

They could just take free carriage away for all BT members, would that make you feel better when they offer it?

3. jinq-sea

Helpful as always. Thanks. Go and troll someone else for a bit, before I give you a break from BT.

4. thom804

thom804 Member

To be honest, if that's the attitude of the moderators, I think i'll take myself elsewhere. Learn to take a ****ing joke...

5. jinq-sea

Ta-ra. Take a week off.

--

Back on topic, I posted this because it's a real issue. I also understand that free carriage is a privilege, not a right, and it's one of the key reasons I keep coming back to Scan.

I'm not saying that I'm your most valuable customer - far from it, in fact - but I have been coming back to Scan for years and I suppose all I'm saying is I'm not being incentivised to remain a loyal customer.

Please, PLEASE, do something about the stock management system!

David likes this.
  6. ChrisP

ChrisP Retail Sales Manager

jinq-sea

At the time of ordering our system did indeed show 1 in stock, I re-checked the serial number of the product and in fact the item was missing in the warehouse causing delay.

This has been resolved now and the stock level is accurate.

If you have any orders in future please feel free to PM me the Invoice number so we can keep an eye on it for you,

Sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment

Regards

7. jinq-sea

Chris - thanks for this. I appreciate the reply, even if I don't quite understand what you mean. It also didn't really explain why the e-mail arrives out-of-hours, and probably once the DPD collection has occured from your depot.

I have another order open for some EVGA parts which are delayed. While I understand is outside your control, some of which are delaying a build. Is there any way you are able to 'grease the wheels' to get more info from them for me? Thank you.

In terms of clarity, I'm going to restore the post from thom804 so there's a visible audit trail of his ban. Feel free to PM me if this is a problem.

Also - whilst I understand you don't want to see posts which are negative, it's a shame that the general voice of the community is being rather gagged. The humble users of bit-tech are probably among some of Scan's core customer base, and the stock control issues are obviously irritating lots of people. Perhaps there's a way that constructive feedback could be provided.

Would that be something you're open to? I know for sure that lots of users get more cross than they were when posts get deleted.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2016
  8. ChrisP

Sure not a problem :)

I will chase the EVGA parts, with EVGA now for you....

Best Regards

9. jinq-sea

Chris - just wondered if there was any news on the EVGA parts?

Ta!

10. ChrisP

Morning jinq-sea

EVGA have confirmed there is a manufacturing delay so there is no stick even with EVGA themselves so at his time I cant provide any ETA for LN 65404.

Sorry....

Best Regards

11. jinq-sea

Oh - that's a shame! Thanks for letting me know.

In other news, my amended order has been shipped and is now delayed. This isn't going well...

12. thom804

thom804 Member

I guess it must just be you then.

Oh well, what goes around comes around.

13. jinq-sea

Seeya. This time it's permanent. Bye!

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

Got the makings of a good film title there:

Banhammer II - This Time It's Permanent!