1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Disney Interactive posts first annual profit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 7 Nov 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

As a an old school gamer (I am talking 3D monster maze old) without a television, I did a quick Google search on Disney Infinity and this looked like the biggest piece of **** I have ever seen.

I feel sorry for my son growing up in a world filled with the most cynical retarded ******** imaginable.

3. Troglodyte

Troglodyte What's a Dremel?

I agree totally , how parents don't see through the skylanders/disney infinity veil of greed , I don't know . My kids , like most kids at the minute are into the lego franchise , Avengers/Lego Batman etc but I wouldn't lower myself by purchasing them Infinity . DLC for adult gamers is one thing but targetting kids like this is despicable.

4. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

as an adult gamer i find skylanders is a nice gentle introduction for my son into the world of co-op games which also has the well made and enjoyable characters for him to collect and play with, he often acts out his own adventures with them.

They are pricey but i tend to buy them just before the next installment comes out when they are on sale. i also made it clear and he being careful with his money appreciates that you buy one version of a character but then have lots of characters not the same character in 4 different varieties.

its no different in reality to any other collectable be in football stickers or anything else, as a kid i played Magic the gathering and spent stupid amounts of money on packs for that.