1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do B-T members wear socks?

Discussion in 'General' started by M3G4, 14 Nov 2004.

1. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

if im going nowhere then no,

if ive been to work then its off with shoes on with trainers as the socks smell a bit ;)

but if i do wear socks ill put my trainers on, as they are comfy :D

and no comment to the not changing them thing. all i can say it: dad steals my socks and puts holes in them with his razor like toe nails. not nice.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

excuse me -did i mention Toms name at all? i wasnt refering to Tom actually :p

Last edited: 15 Nov 2004
  3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

i only put socks on if im going somewhere. Never wear them in bed, thats just plain wrong.

pardon?

trailer trash

/me runs :worried:
    i was only joking sir, please dont hit me

4. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

I always wear socks, i hate the feeling of grit under my feet, or how unprotected they are, plus they keep my feet warm.

I dont wear them to bed or in the shower.

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Im almost always wearing shoes, and I cant stand using shoes without socks. And even without shoes, I almost always wear socks. They keep me warm in the winter, and my floor is scary. :D

6. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

I have a 2200 sqft house to heat in the winter. It would cost a small fortune to keep it warm enough to run around without socks here in Colorado. Not to mention that considering how gray the socks get, I wouldn't want that stuff on my bare feet. No matter how clean of a house you keep, the floor still gets dirty. Especially carpet. Bleh.

What does concern me is how many people post these modding pictures and are bare foot. Doesn't anybody wear shoes in their workshops? No matter how much vacuuming I do, there are always stray bits of metal or acrylic that would cut me up pretty badly.

7. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

i barely ever take off my shoes, i dunno. i think its because ive stepped on too many things in my life, i hate not wearing shoes. plus, although my floor is always clean (well, almost always...) i always wear shoes and socks inside the house. again, just a protection thing. although i agree socks in bed is wrong :eeek: :eeek:

8. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

I take my shoes off in the house, but we have wall to wall carpeting.

In minnostota where i lived for 3 years, the first thing everybody does when you go into a house is take off your shoes. Always.

9. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

We try to do that, as most of our house is carpeted as well, except for the normal kitchen and entryways. With a family of five it gets to be a pain when you are running in for something that will take 5 seconds to grab.

Thats part of the reason I'm checking into yanking the carpet out and laminated wood flooring put in.

10. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

yeah, i've noticed that here. i have to remind myself to (born and raised in Indiana, hicksville IN.... :rolleyes: ), and people seem to take some serious offense to it. oh well, simple thing to do, just one of those habit things. just like...MODDING...no wait, thats an obsession :dremel:

11. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

I don't even own a pair of socks.. :eek:

My shoes are breathable mesh thing, so they don't smell.

-edit

Actually, I think I have one sock.. looks brand new though. No idea where the other one is.

12. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Are you serious??

Where is Bolton? [googles] ah i see it's in the uk [/googles]

What about when or if you dress up?

or in the winter time?

Im a hardcore sock user.
    So i guess that makes you a hard core unsock user.

13. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

If I'm wearing posh shoes, I'll either borrow a pair of the missus' black socks, or go without.

Doesn't really bother me in Winter - feet like a large Hobbit, tbh.

14. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

I wear socks if I am leaving my property, because I wear shoes outside my own place always. If I step outside I wear thongs, and in the house I never wear socks because it is just too hot, and you can’t relax in your own home with socks on, it is just part of relaxing imo, taking them off.

Edit: As for modding I wear either nothing on my feet or thongs which offer no protection on the top, have steeped on a few shards of glass and metal here and there and bee burned by the "spray" from grinding metal a couple of times but it is a small price to pair for foot freedom in my mind.

15. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Not surprised a thong doesn't give any protection to your feet, tbh. You're wearing them wrong.

16. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

Lol Thongs are for your feet, in New Zealand they call them "jandles" (I think) but yea in-case you thought I was being a dirty guy, or dint know how to wear clothing they are thin rubber shoe thingys.

17. penski

penski BodMod

AKA Flip Flops.

I laughed for about 20 minutes at a sign on a Bar door in Australia that read 'no thongs'.

*n

(If you're not familiar, 'thong' in the UK and US is the name given to particularly skimpy items of ladies underwear...)

18. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Whew, I'm glad that was cleared up! what kind of bar would forbid skimpy panties? I haven't worn socks in 6 months. Nov 18th and it's 32 C out. 27 overnight. Who needs socks?

19. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Yes, pretty much always, sometimes I won't in the summer if I'm playing footy in the garden, but I still prefer to weart them. And not those horrible trainer-liners either, they rub like hell!

<A88>

20. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Do YOU wear socks much or have you modded your feet too? :p