1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Do you give anyone a tip at Christmas?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 22 Dec 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

In days gone by it was quite common to give dustmen (and yes that is what they were called) and the like a few bob in the lead up to Christmas. I myself bung my postman Tommy a fiver as he is one of life's genuine guys and goes that extra mile to provide a great customer service.
    As for the dustmen or environmental collection operatives or whatever they are called these days they get zilch as the following meme admirably shows why.
    [​IMG]

So do you give to a small token of thanks for a service that has been generally superb over the year?

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Here's a tip: stop posting these terrible memes.

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Nope, I tip nobody. They are paid to do a job, we pay council taxes for a reason. That and I'm tight.

adidan likes this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

As per above.

Happily pay more taxes for better jobs, better pay standards and a nicer society. Yeah, I know, Christmas delusions.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

But there is doing your job and doing your job.

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Well considering the bin men declined to take anyone's bins after driving up an down the road and even gathering them up. No tips for them.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Last year the binmen decided not empty 16 bins from the last three blocks of flats in my street. Our council has a online 'Missed bin' reporting page which I have discovered via a FOI request is unmonitored and the bins were not actually emptied until there next due date when of course they were joined by black bags as of course the bins were full. The binmen don't do black bags it seems, far too heavy for the little darlings.

8. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

They never take all the stuff we put out for recycling this week up my road. Half of it was still in the green bins, it was all separated properly too like it was meant to be. Bone idle lazy gits.

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I consider tipping to be a horrible practice as it makes people too accepting of the low wage culture we live in, so no, I don't tip anyone.

10. adidan

Recycling is great up here, pretty much take most things up here in the one wheelie bin. Even batteries.

Edit: tipping tangent

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

STOP CHANGING TEXT COLOUR TO BLACK ON THE FORUMS. IT MEANS PEOPLE USING THE BLACK STYLE CAN'T SEEN THE TEXT!!!

flibblesan, Byron C and adidan like this.
  12. adidan

^ had to highlight the text just to read it