1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Do you try and get the best parking spot?

Discussion in 'General' started by twentynine, 23 Dec 2008.

1. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

Simple question really. Do you try and get the best parking spot when parking in a parking lot?

Today, I went shopping with my family for a couple last minute Christmas gifts and this question came up. Personally, I'll park at the very back of the parking lot and walk to the door. It makes no difference, a little walking isn't going to kill me. But my sister and father on the other had will drive up and down the rows looking for spot....even if it means driving around for 10 minutes just to get a parking spot in the middle of the lot. :rolleyes:

Even if its raining I won't make much of an effort to look for a closer spot. Clothes dry and I don't melt. Haha. I don't see the problem.

What about you?

Mithyx likes this.
  2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I work in a Car Park for a supermarket, and i was helping people find places as we have a limited number of gaps, most people are happy with the spots i find, others however are happy to sit there and hold up everyone else.

Sam

3. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

God Bless The Internet.

ElThomsono likes this.
  4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I'll take the furthest spot possible, people are assholes and don't care about slamming their doors into yours or ramming your car with a cart, so I'd rather park far and walk for a bit.

A little walking won't kill me

5. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

QFT.

6. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

God Bless still using a bike and being able to park right next to the front door :lol:

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I think that in order to answer this question, you need to defince what is the "best parking spot" as for me it is usually next to a very expensive car. My logic is that if someone spends the money on an expensive car that they wont open their door into my shiny new 2009 mazda 3. I also park towards the end of the lot.
    Or because I am in alberta, I will part near the cart corall. Because people here are too lazy to return their carts to where they belong.

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

In the summer I'll park anywhere in the lot trying to get close but if I don't then I don't

But in the winter I'll try a lot harder, not only is it cold as balls the lots are almost never plowed so shopping in wet cold shoes isn't fun

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Same. I won't spend hours searching for a close spot, but I'll loop around a couple of times looking for something closer if it's freezing/unplowed/pouring.

10. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

If I'm going to the mall (or any enclosed parking structure) and it's busy I'll take the first spot I see or even wait for someone to back out, but on a none busy day or if I know I'll be buying a lot I'll look a little harder

11. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

This time of year, I'll take any parking space I can get!

12. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I park where ever there is a spot, but i tend to park on the quieter side of the lot, just because of other car owners, or i'll park next to the oldest / coolest car, such as the matt black beetle, the foot jacked up hilux, the old ford cortina, i'm hoping that they would respect my car in the same way i do theres!

13. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Motorbike, parks where it fits. :)

14. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I usually park where i have lots of room. If there are lines that are facing each other i tend to drive over one spot, and park on the next. This makes it easier to park, and I don't have to drive in reverse out of the spot.

If I'm at IKEA i tend to park next to the exit. The building and parking lot are about the same width. People always park at the entrance at one end of the building... They don't realize that you want to be cloase to the exit (On the other end of the building). Usually there is more to carry on the way out, than on the way in.

15. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I don't drive so not really bothered. My dad however parks at the other end of the car park to the doors but always between 2 cars when there could be another 50 spare in the surrounding area. wierd.

16. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Tend to park at the front or near the pay machine or whatever, avoiding parking next to corsa's and micra's tho its either young drivers/old people or women.. and i don’t particularly want to put their space awareness to the test with my car..

17. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

+1. It's all about finding the quiet spots which are the other side of the store entrance from the way into the car park (if that makes sense).

And parking next to an obviously well looked-after won't hurt either. :D

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

park it like its stolen, no one goes near it then, plus i like to set a chanellege in a car park, you know park at an impossible angle and see if anyone manages to get in. LOL!

I drive a volvo which mechanically is sound, however the body work has got metal worm, and the paint is fading, and tbh i am just running it to the ground, so i can get my next volvo. :)

best one was at college, boxing people in, or parking so close to the drivers door they have to use the passagers door, or if you get a friend to park the other side, they have to use the boot!

19. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I'd slash your tires, done it a few times, pisses me off when people make it impossible to take the spot next to me.

20. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

I will always try and park away from other cars, just don't trust other people.

Although I hate it when I park miles from the other cars but other people decide to park in the spot next to me!