1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Do you want quick scoping back in black ops??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Badmonkeystudios, 29 Dec 2010.

1. Badmonkeystudios

Badmonkeystudios How You Doing?

So guys do you want quick scoping back in black ops?
    i really love quick scoping it would be great to bring it back into black ops :)

Tell me what you guys think do you want it back in black ops if not please tell me why.

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Given the addition of dedicated servers and the recent patch, I would actually say sniping is easier in Black Ops than it was in MW2, and would probably be even easier than in COD4 if they improved the atrocious hit detection. So no, I don't think they need to buff the snipers any more than they already have done.

The fact that none of the maps are suitable for sniping like in COD4/WaW is another matter though. The maps are one my least favourite things about Black Ops at the moment, along with second chance and the overall boringness of it.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

quick scoping is mainly a console thing with them consoles having auto aim, making quick scoping on past COD very easy, which is why its now gone... its needs much more skill to do on PC and is more rewording.

Another example of consoles killing PC gaming

4. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

i am glad they got rid of quick scoping, my reason it has helped youtube not get spammed with ever little kid who thinks he is 1337 posting his 360 quick scope montage.

and then when you meet one of those kids in a game they kill you once in the game after getting them selfs 20+ deaths they start to gloat and generaly talk **** in the lobby.

oooo the joys of xbox live. now this is why i drink when i play cod to dull out the little kids and laugh at people.

5. kameltoemunch

kameltoemunch What's a Dremel?

This is why I just don't play COD anymore. Quake with assault rifles is dull, and has been done to death. Need moar creativity Activision.

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I don't think quickscopes are a problem on PC. At all.

What IS a problem however, is having to wait a second or two for my sniper to become functional in a fast paced shooter game where medium range is as far as you get.

I never really sniped on COD, i'm more of a rifleman myself, but on BO i literally CANNOT snipe.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I've attempted to quick scope in MW2 and have had some success. It's not a game-breaker on the pc due to the lack of aim assist. With consoles. The aim assist is known to work by making turning slower when on target, so there is a HIGE window of time to press the trigger to get a kill shot.

I like their modified off-centre mechanism when scoped in. But I don't like the way sniper rifles are pretty much useless unless you are at extreme range and not being seen.

8. SpaceBaby

well isnt that the point of a sniper to be at extream range pretending to be a bush?

9. Nutyy

Nutyy Widden Palettes

Not when theres no bushes to hide in at an extreme range. Plus unless your on hardcore your gonna have to move everytime to kill someone due to the killcam.

10. Hrodwulf666

Hrodwulf666 Arse about tit master!

Ive NEVER noticed any auto aim in any COD game on xbox multiplayer.... I own an xbox and all COD titles.

11. SpaceBaby

ye but then that makes you ask why use a sniper?

my argument is, in war you choose a weapon that is bessed suited for the job. not a gun you like but one that is suitible.

in small convined space like a building use an SMG

trying to cover ground in a city (long roads but posible encounters from buildings), use an LMG and SMG mix.

and the sniper is not used in these situations so why use them.

you will argue then why is it in the game? i would say just for the sake of having a range of all types.

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

As I said, it's aim assist, it's built to be unnoticeable.

Apart from tower on Array, and that long street on that villiage map, there really isn't anywhere to provide snipers with enough cover and range.

13. Nutyy

Nutyy Widden Palettes

You forgot the tower on WMD, you can hit across most of the map there.

14. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Until someone throws a grenade up there. I'm happy quick scoping has gone, just because it stops the little kids thing they are "l33t pwnage". Last week I got told off for "hard scoping" in mw2; Is it really a bad thing to use the sniper as a sniper?

15. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

I hate human trees so if I had my way i'd get rid of sniper rifles entirely! I've been on servers in bfbc2 where everyone is sitting in their crows nest waiting for another person to pop their head out from a bush and it gets fairly tedious!

16. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I don't see many quick scopers online (PC) but I've come across a few who still try.

I've tried to do it in both MW2 and BO but I've accepted that I just can't. I'd rather snipe in Bad Company 2 instead :)

17. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I was almost a sniping god in MW2 to the extent that I was beating people 7 or 8 times out of 10 at close range and countersnipe people from across the map while they where in full cover and I was aiming from sprinting, in Black Ops I can't hit the blind side of a barn door. The hitboxes are terrible.

I never quickscope though, I always hardscope but I can't do it quick enough without sleight of hand pro. For me, running around with a sniper is what makes the game fun as does using the olympia or running around with just a pistol. It's not actually that challenging but it's far less furstrating when the reason you died was because you messed up rather than because the random spray favoured your opponent.

I think what I might do is try and attain my MW2 levels of proficiency on Black Ops and then writing a short guide like this one. Anyone interested?

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

It's not the hitboxes, the moment you pull up your scope the rifle wobbles around randomly, irrespective of your crosshairs.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Eh, Quick Scoping defeats the purpose of sniping. I like hard scoping.

20. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

That was far more pronounced before the latest patch though, so I find it's much easier to snipe than it used to be (I never used to snipe at all before the patch, and getting scout pro before my first prestige was a pain in the ass). I still don't use the snipers that much (I have less than 200 kills with the L96, which is my most used sniper), as against a good team or on some of the smaller maps I will struggle to do well. But once you slap the variable scope on the L96 medium range sniping actually becomes fairly easy, just make sure you have a decent secondary to deal with close-range encounters. Here's one of the games I got yesterday trying to get Scout pro:

Yeah, I know my long range sniping sucks, but my sens is too high for me to be accurate with the variable zoom scope at its lowest power.