DOA motherboard

Discussion in 'SCAN Computers - After Sales Support' started by edzieba, 2 Dec 2015.

1. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I've raised a return request for this order (OLQ1553948, possibly another where the confirmation page failed to load) but have not received a confirmation email that this request went through.

ASRock Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard received DOA.

Motherboard does not POST. Front power LED lights and PSU fan spins up, but no beep codes from motherboard, no display output, no power to USB devices, CPU fan does not spin up.
    Tested with known-good CPU and PSU. Tested with both DIMMS removed, and motherboard does not produce expected 3-beep 'no RAM' code. No drives or other peripherals connected.

::EDIT:: Still no response from Scan...

Last edited: 3 Dec 2015
  2. Pookie

Pookie So this is permanence, love's shattered pride.

I would give them a call if I were you.

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

That got it, just waiting for the UPS return label. A bit annoying that the dedicated "return" section on the website is effectively pointless. Guy on the phone didn't seem in the last bit surprised there was no email confirmation of attempting to open a case, so this must be the intended behaviour!

Last edited: 3 Dec 2015
  4. thom804

thom804 Member

Not sure if you guys are all unlucky or I just got a good day. My single return I've had to make was totally seamless and even got a sidegrade to boot!

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Just a bit of advice check the CPU socket and make sure there's no bent pins or you'll be getting problems with the return, I would also take a photo with something in the photo that dates the picture, best to be safe than sorry :thumb:

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Too late on taking photos, but CPU pins were the first thing I checked before installing anything.