1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Does anybody here have a blog?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 13 Jun 2012.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I'm getting a 404 error when I try and go to your blog - and I haven't ever been there on this laptop or this connection.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Thanks Margo - Kyle and I sort of figured out earlier that it's being caused by DNS propagation. I think so, anyway. I'll know not to change folder names on my web server ever again :rolleyes:

[edit]

There is something very strange going on with my email server (which is hosted on the same box as the web server) as well - for the past few days, I keep receiving emails, then they disappear from my inbox for hours and re-appear at random. It's getting extremely frustrating. I'm beginning to suspect that something malicious is going on...

Last edited: 23 Jul 2012
  3. marcamp3463

marcamp3463 New Member

Have you tried contacting your host company? You might be hacked or something.

4. Unicorn

I contacted them today to check on the email situation because it's still happening, but I'm now able to access the blog on my phone and from a couple of off-site machines that I remoted into from the workshop connection. It was still 404ing on the workshop Internet when I left at lunch time, will try it again when I get home. Everything is pointing towards KyleVDM having been right about the DNS at the moment.

5. Unicorn

So, several days after changing the name of the folder on my web server, I can now access the blog again from my own connection at home and from every other connection I've tried. Lesson learned - never change folder names again :rolleyes:

6. Unicorn

I don't believe this, it happened again! :( My host has been doing some sort of maintenance over the past couple of weeks and they've restored the old folder names, breaking the blog link again. Asdfghjkl :x

I'm going to need a merge here.

7. Yorkie

Yorkie Active Member

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

No, but i do write articles. :D

http://news-tune.com/

Work in progress and we have to iron out many issues. But at least it's a start. Seems like the rest of the team are writing news bits. I'm writing the big fun stuff. ;)

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

http://mrdomrocks.com

I am due to write some more content for it, I havent posted in awhile. Kinda wasting my money by not using it.

10. Unicorn

http://unicornsystems.co.uk/blog/racing/

An update about the lack of updates. Wait, wut? :p

Could everyone do me a favour and register/comment so it doesn't look so barren? I don't care if you just comment three words, anything is better than nothing! :hehe:

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

I don't own a blog because frankly no one gives a hoot about what i think. I however do own and run a couple of websites i've built :)

12. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Forgot this thread existed, so I guess I might as well throw my hat in the ring.

Like bicycles? Like reading about bicycles? If you answered yes, then do I have the blog for you! Weekly feature is a rather long tale about one of my bikes accompanied by a whole host of pictures and very wordy descriptions of the various features and unique aspects of said bike. I also do reviews of parts and accessories, opinion pieces, and general informative musings, plus whatever the hell I feel like posting up. It's only a couple weeks old so content is thin on the ground, but I am trying to post something up at least a few times a week.

If you're more into the single-serving side of things, then might I suggest my Twitter feed where I talk about bikes, music, and music about bikes. I also answer technical questions and give advice through there as well.