1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know of any social sites dedicated to Movie lovers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 3 Jan 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Out of interest I'm just wondering if any one has heard of or uses social sites (I purposely avoid the two point zero affiliation) specifically dedicated the movie fanatics? I know there's the obvious facebook plug-ins that let you list and link up with your friends all your favourite flicks but is there anything else?

Cheers :)

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

3. sammo1999

sammo1999 What's a Dremel?

The University Of Minnesota has a site called Movie Lens http://movielens.umn.edu
    You rate movies and then it suggests new ones for you. It also puts you in a user group with similar taste in movies. I'm pretty sure there is a message board and PM and stuff like that too.

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Have you tried the Internet Movie Database? They have all kinds of forums, they even have message boards for every film they have on their database, no guarantee as to how much activity each one will see but obviously the popular or recent entries will see the most traffic. All you need to do to take part is register for free and away you go.

5. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea I'm aware of IMDB - it was created (or part/co) by Cardiff University from what I've been told.

Cheers peeps :) That'll help my article