1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Does hyperthreading help or hinder?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by terrorbyt, 19 Oct 2012.

1. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

Well I gave it a go through windows but apparently my BIOS version hasn't changed... I'm feeling to just reinstall windows at this point, can't be bothered trying to fix something that might not even need fixing.

2. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

That post is from 2008. It's possible some of the MSI tools for BIOS flashing still had some quirks.
    Just download the latest BIOS for your motherboard and put it on a USB stick and flash it from inside the BIOS.

By the way, the recommended BIOS upgrade method for the motherboards made by Intel themselves is using a windows executable file, rather than a floppy/USB. And I do think Intel knows more about the process than some posters on a forum.

3. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

Ok so I did the above and played Crysis on max settings for 20 minutes and it didn't crash, slow down etc. However I had no sound (literally only installed network and GPU drivers, and Windows Updates).

So what now guys? I install drivers one by one until it breaks?

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Sounds like an onboard sound problem to me. Cheapest fix is to buy a real sound card.

terrorbyt likes this.
  5. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

I'll have to make a new thread for that as I haven't the foggiest