1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Does your bottom take daily punishment?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 14 Sep 2017.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Mine is being prepared :)

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Mine has arrived.
    As is the way I need to adjust the headrest using an Allen key. But of course I do not have the required size in the 90° style and there is not enough space to get a straight one in.
    [​IMG]

3. Vault-Tec

Wicked. Mine used to look just like that until I lifted my fat ass up onto the arm rests and snapped the mech inside lmao.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Discovered that the headrest is missing two screws when the padded section lifted off. Phoned them up and they were very apolgetic and the screws are in the post. Went looking for adjustment instructions, Allen key size and discovered that for a grand chair new they are pretty basic, not that I discovered the Allen key size so just bought a set.

5. Vault-Tec

Well my chair finally arrived today. I am a little annoyed about that tbh. Firstly when I asked him when my chair was going to ship he immediately bought up his T&C which according to him says that when you order a chair he then needs to send it off to be covered which can take up to two weeks. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere when I ordered the sodding thing, and I would not have ordered it had I. That would be why he did not have any on Ebay, and why I usually prefer to buy from Ebay so they have nowhere to hide. However, I am not terribly impatient (just a little) so decided it was worth the wait. The chair arrived about an hour ago and I have just set it up but I can't say I am thrilled. Mildly pleased would be about correct, and here is why.

The fabric for a start is far cheaper than the stuff Barry used on my Humanscale. It is also not fixed to the foam like it is on my HS, so certain parts feel a bit baggy. With my HS it literally looked and felt like a real one would, a million dollars (well, $1200 to be exact).

It's also a bit soft and soggy to sit in. Maybe this is down to the Humanscale being quite firm, but I must say I don't really like it. There is also what looks like rust on the bottom part with the wheels on. Again, nothing terrible but maybe a touch up pen or something? with my HS Barry completely sanded down and repainted the entire metal wheel base part so it looked brand new.

So yeah, overall 6/10. Not sure I would buy from again. Some of it is obviously the chair itself, but I wasn't best pleased with the service either.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Not sure I would use the firm again as their customer service is pretty crap. Yesterday out of the blue a new headrest appeared which I was not expecting, or rather I was but I was told it would be later in the week and one would expect notification.
    Now that the headrest is fitted, my original also had rust, it is now a fine chair, but I judge a firm by their customer service if things go wrong and although the eventual outcome was fine how we got there was not.

7. Vault-Tec

Was wondering Glenn, is the back of your chair silver? like the skeleton?

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Nope all black.

9. Vault-Tec

Ah OK. I just ask because the silver skeleton is like a massive upgrade and costs an arm and a leg.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

EBay for surplus/used Herman Miller Aeron's. We got two for £350,-- each twelve years ago, and recently my wife bagged another for £200,--. All in practically mint condition.