1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Dollhouse (or, as we now call it, Eliza Dushku fandom thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 13 Feb 2009.

1. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Time to rewatch season 1 ready for Friday night.

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

stick with it, the first 5 or so eps are mainly 'introduce concept/characters' - it doesn't really get into the main story arc until the 6th ep.

3. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

yeah, I've seen the first two and I keep telling my wife it'll get better, we'll see if we can get through the other 3 this weekend.

On a another note, both Californication and Sons of Anarchy new seasons have kicked off into high gear xD

4. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Dollhouse S02E01 was fantastic, loving the new feel for the show and the last few minutes set it on an awesome course for this season.

5. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

It seems like it's turning into the show we were promised in the first place. About Echo remembering who she is and the various minds that have been imprinted on her.

Thumbs up... I'm scared it's going to be cancelled half way through the season though (like Tru Calling was which was actually getting good by that stage).

6. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I liked the season 2 opener using Amy Acker more (could do with a lot less Dushku though, eugh).
    Seeing her drive off though and knowing she's filming other stuff makes me sad :(

Pretty sure they tried to weird us out with accents in that episode too. I know Jamie Bamber is English, but watched so much BSG I can't get used to his real accent and 'Wesley' will always have a slightly dodgy British accent to me even though I know he's American :)

7. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

So is this season 2 or one on Sky for the UK?
    Monday 5th 11pm Sci-Fi

8. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

9. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

Fox are ****

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Joss Whedon needs to stop working with Fox. This is the second time they've killed his baby.

11. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

We can hope that the exec's responsible end up in this fine product:

[​IMG]

boiled_elephant likes this.
  12. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Hardly a surprise but disappointing to see the most intelligent show on TV get canned but I would argue that a large reason for it was the fact that eliza is possibly the worst person you could have cast as echo.

13. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Why bother making something new, that requires the watcher to even slightly think, when we can make more of the simpsons.....

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Oh FFS. That's enough to give you a negative attitude. I just got done watching season one a while ago. I watched it purely because there was a thread here on bit tech discussing it and you were all saying that it was a good show. Now they've pulled the plug and I feel like I've been cheated out of all those hours spent watching the first season.

Fox really are a pack of t**ts.

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I thoroughly approve of this thread's unanimous anti-Fox stance. It warms my heart.

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

No more Amy Acker? NOOOOOOoooooo!

17. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

She'd left anyway to do her new show (Happy Town).

If they'd had someone in the role of Echo who could act it could've been so much more...

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

*investigates*

19. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Same as any other self-respecting nerd on the internet, I too like to engage in Fox-bashing, but...

They're simply not to blame for the failure/cancellation of Dollhouse. Well, maybe slightly to blame for forcing the first season to be more episodic.

This falls at the feet of Joss Whedon, who had a show with an awkward concept, completely miscast Eliza (great in Angel, but she is no leading actress) and kept the show too dull for too long.

After the first season ratings, Fox were more than fair to produce a second season (probably out of respect for Whedon tbh). Really should be grateful they're still making all 13 episodes, gives the show a chance of some semblance of closure.

20. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Yes!

She is bloody useless! Tru Calling should have been proof of that! I was really surprised that she even got the role in the first place, there are so many more interesting people out there. I wonder if she was actually Whedons first choice or whether someone at fox was pulling the strings.

That said, she was perfect as echo! Mindless and simple.