1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Dollhouse (or, as we now call it, Eliza Dushku fandom thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 13 Feb 2009.

1. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

Actually, it's her show (part of her Fox contract I believe), she brought Joss Whedon in on it.

2. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I like eliza as Echo, and I like Whedon all round.

I hate how fox can keep cancelling these good shows. I mean really, let the man tell his goddamn story :< However, it makes me feel better about piracy. I buy the DVDs to support Whedon, but the people that steal are only taking tit for tat. The company robs a good show from under us, and we steal what we can salvage :)

3. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Eliza as echo was easily the worst thing about the show but looking back on all whedonverse shows I have come to realise something, Joss Whedon should not be allowed to write for the shows he runs, because he is just not that good. All writing duties should be left to Maurissa Tancharoen, Zack Whedon and Jed Whedon but mainly Maurissa for she brings the thunder to any episode.

4. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Dollhouse Episode 5 & 6 are out and on the web for all to grab, just finished watching 5 and I won't give any spoilers but I will say that it is superb and Summer Glau was born to be in this show and her character is one of the most interesting creations I have ever seen on screen.

/me wanders off to watch episode 6.

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Oooh, goody!

Summer Glau is pretty awesome, but perhaps only because every role I've ever seen her in she's been a strange non-talkative ass-kicker. I wonder if she can actually do talky roles? :p

Still, can't wait to watch!

I didn't realise that... I stand corrected.

6. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I'm waiting for JW to do a fully fledged musical (you know on the stage and all like Lloyd Webber does). After seeing Once More with Feeling (from Buffy) and Dr Horrible I'm sold...... That's some funky **** I'd pay to go see.

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Good episodes!

Some awesome twists in that!

Summer Glau was great, but only when she wasn't being all crazy on her own. Crazy around Topher was great, but on her own... Bit too crazy!

Victor as Topher was amazing! That guy can act. Every character he plays is believable.

I'm kind of sad it's all canceled, but also, I don't think I could have taken it if Dushku was still around. So rubbish!

8. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I know what you mean will but we wouldn't have gotten this show at all if she and joss didn't exist, just a shame that they are the 2 worst things about the show.

9. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Episode 10 of Dollhouse was superb, why couldn't every episode of this show have been written by Mo Tancharoen for she rocks a big fat one.

10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Haven't made it past 7 yet as that episode bored me stupid. It was really bad :/

11. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

I really liked episode 10 love where they have taken it. Is that it though? Are they continuing it after Christmas?

I hope they are as that would be a bad way to end it.

12. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

There are 3 more episodes left, it ends with Epitaph Two: The Return.

13. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Now Dollhouse has always been a superb mind**** but last night's episode was many, many orders of magnitude more mind**** than ever before. FREAKIN' SUPERB!

14. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

15. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Yea the most recent episodes have been really top notch, this is unfortunatly going to be one of those shows cancelled before it finaly reaches greatness

16. dryrice

dryrice Zestious Knight

As much as i like Faith i find the series a real dump. I couldn't get into it one bit, i was just lost with a huh? All the time.

17. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Ah, im just caught up with it and wow, the way they have really bent this around and are starting to pull it right back into a central point is amazing.

Boyd as the head of the company? Dewits seeming lack of knowledge about it, and Boyd then saving Echo in the final days of the LA dollhouse?

The is pretty good storytelling, though a bit hard to follow this is really coming full circle now, only 2 eps left though. Once again FOX cancels a brilliant show :(

18. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Tonight's episode should be stunning as it's the last of the current timeline story, then we have to wait 2 weeks for a return to the future with Epitaph Two: The Return to be the icing on this delicious storytelling cake.

19. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Ah, just... fantastic :)

The things they must have had planned with that all set up so beautifully. These few episodes leading up to the conclusion have shown what a truly stunning series this could have been. The potential for story in dollhouse was immense, and shamefully wasted by fox.

Admittedly, Dollhouse was no Firefly- but I think it will become cult like firefly. A beautifully shot series with brilliant characters and storylines.

Thoughts before the final epitah for me revolve around one, simple, question...
    is Rossam actually the good guy? They may have gone about things in an evil way, they have killed and all sorts in their pursuit of echo and her unique physiology- but they do it to create a vaccine against the very thing they created the technology to do. Did they create the tech to make dolls simply to create the antidote? Did Rossam anticipate the competitions greater evil to conquer through the remote wipe tech and thus create a vaccine to keep people free?

Im practically wetting myself for the final conclusion, and both series 1 and series 2 are getting bought on DVD for what has been a masterpiece of story arcing.

I hope Joss Whedon keeps making series which get cencelled in a way. Buffy and Angel were great, but there are episode I put on and I think "meh". Dollhouse has this to a minor extent but ive never been bored at the end of an episode. Few episodes of firefly go by where I haven't stated that its my favourite episode.

Sorry for the ramble, im a bit tipsy.

20. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I don't actually blame FOX for killing this one, I blame Joss & Eliza. They has such a stunning concept and some of the best writers working today to back them but chickened out at the beginning with those first four episode that were the chopped up remains of the first pilot, and then every episode throughout the show which Joss had a heavy hand in (read an Eliza Dushku pout's at the camera episode) did nothing at all to drive the central theme forward, where in contrast you have the episodes written by Mo Tancharoen and her fella Jed Whedon who both just seemed to grasp the bigger ideas of this show, I would adore it if those two flew from team whedon and took on there own big thought sci-fi project, preferably on HBO or Showtime.

The episode was a good tie to the current timeline
    I particularly loved the moment at the end where you thought maybe just maybe it will all end good, even though you know what is to come.