1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Don't buy DDO

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trekari, 24 Feb 2006.

1. Trekari

Trekari What's a Dremel?

I would advise to steer entirely clear of this game. The following is a letter I wrote to their support department after their website update today. They made their forums require registration, which you can only do now if you are a paying customer.

I was on the fence regarding whether to purchase this game.

Then I noticed that you have made the forums require a subscription to post anything on, so questions cannot be asked of community members without buying the game first.

I have now decided to not purchase your game, and will recommend to everyone I know that they also stay clear of your product.

From the forum registration link, it says: "Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index."

Evidently your forum is NOT free and this is a blatant lie because in order to post in the forum, or even register, you must be paying for one of your games.

Good luck with your product, but I will do my best to inform everyone I know offline and online, that their money is best spent with one of your competitors.

-Jason Cavanaugh

2. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

Ermmm..... :eyebrow:

Ok?

3. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Wow forums too need to be payed for so people dont spam the paying members with incredulous amounts of ****, we can fill it with **** easily enough thanks!

If you wanna find out about a game I suggest you search google for "DDO Reviews".

What is DDO anyway ?

4. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

. I'm guessing you don't want to buy the game before you ask people about it on the forums. Take a risk, live a little, if its **** then you only wasted a bit of money.

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I wouldn't let that stop me from buying a game I wanted. In fact, it seems that they are looking after their customers more than if they didn't do it. That would actually make me happier about being a customer.

Nice rant tho.

6. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

i have no idea what DDO is but that policy is a fair one i think, atleast everyone on there will be serious and there for a proper reason. if you want information about a game then theres multiple places to find it.

7. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

Dungeons and Dragons Online

8. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

aah, Dungeons and Dragons Online! That's a great game! Played some beta or something of it, and I really liked it

9. Mafney

Mafney What's a Dremel?

Well, it does make sense that only people who bought the game can go on the forums because otherwise it might get overcrowded with non-posters or just random jerks.

They might just have typed the rules out incorrectly though. I shouldn't worry too much about it, just because you can't get on the forums doesn't make the game crap.

Tags: