1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Don't buy MOH if you're British

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DragunovHUN, 22 Aug 2010.

1. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

"Gaming Community Disgusted by Populist Secretary."

2. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

What a tool...

Crusade against people like this people? Space Marine style crusade if you will?

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Turning this around, he minds Taliban killing British...he doesn't mind Nazi's or communists or Iraqis, killing british...all in videogames, of course.
    So he's to be considered a Nazi-communist-iraqi friend (in videogames)?

4. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Looks like Daily Mail BS strikes again...

5. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

6. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I agree.

This is yet another douchebag in an endless stream of douchebags publicly talking about things they have no knowledge or perspective on. Shame on you, Mr Fox

7. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

+1. Poor choice of words by the Defence Secretary since going back even further how is this any different from WWII games and the like playing as the Nazi's.

If anything I would say games like this are a good thing as it promotes discussion and thinking into the subject, as with COD the airport level involved shooting civilians but you could complete the level without shooting the civilians, the developers found that the majority of people fired anyway which was an interesting discussion point.

8. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I would buy a flight sim that allowed me to play as a Tornado pilot if I could.

But there isn't one.

(Ace Combat doesn't count)

9. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

This will just add to the persona of "all games are evil".. As the EA guy said someone has to be them.. it cant be the Coilition vs fluffy bunnies as it just wouldnt work as they are aiming for a semi realistic aim with the storyline of which needs to be carried over to online.

10. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Gonna buy 2 copies now, just for fun.

11. mattbailey

mattbailey What's a Dremel?

Let me know when and i'll co-op a game with you and i'll be the US and launch some too! :thumb:

12. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

When I play Civ I always play as the US and after advancing them for a bit ensure they starve due to smog, desertification and a small tribe killing their tanks with arrows.

13. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

I think the politicians and people whom call this 'videogames' should understand one thing. There games. There Fictional, just like books are, just with more visuals. And as such should clearly 'do one' and concentrate on more important issues.
    Who agrees?
    I mean i know many fictional novels that have violence, nazis, zombies, explosions, murderers, psychos etc. But why dont these have ratings? I think many people need to realise that a video game that plays as the taliban is a good thing. It gives us a better understanding of what if anything its like to be a person living in a harsh environment and people landing on their doorstep coming to kill them... I mean im all for the British and winning in the afghan conflict (its not a war btw). But howay its a game, and at least we can somewhat understand the conditions the taliban are facing.....

Next thing is David Cameron will be telling us that we have pakistan born people playing the taliban side of this game as training.....

I wonder why we even vote these days, for idiots who think there great students or those with zero brain cells... or both.

14. tejas

tejas What's a Dremel?

An un British game you say...

Count me in for a day one purchase!

15. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

wow, this has to be one of the top-all-time-most-stupid things I have heard from a politician....seriously man, does this guy even use his brain before spurting out rubbish? AND he is the Defence Secretary!!

Surely this guy realises that the war genre format whether it is in a film or a game has two sides, good vs evil, and it is completely subjective. This means even less for gamers who just want a good game and who don't care which side they are on! We may as well all play in teams of faceless "Freemans". If someone plays on the Talibans side, please don't think they are a terroist Mr.Fox, they just like the sound of an AK47!

Mr. Fox must be so unconnected to society that he doesn't even realise that war films and games are all about the Allies Vs the Nazi's, or the US vs Russians, now (shock/horror) also the Allies Vs Talibans (or some assortment of middle-eastern peoples). SUPRISINGLY the Defence Secretary didn't realise that war films and games follow actual wars *duh*

I haven't felt like having a complete moment of dumbness, for a long time... thanks Mr. Fox....please don't bomb London, it isn't located in the middle-east!!!

16. Orderoftheflame

Orderoftheflame What's a Dremel?

British politician in retardedness shocker!

17. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Politician fishing for the Daily Mail outraged of Tunbridge Wells vote. I'm more disgusted about the fact that literally nobody voted for a Tory/Lib Dem coalition yet suddenly we have to put up with clowns like this bloke in positions of power.

18. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Because I'm sure no Afghan children have lost father or mothers as a result of British military action, right?

Right...

19. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Its just reinforcing social memes, keep swallowing the blue-pills, everything will be ok, there, there, there.

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I just had an argument in the office with someone about this, he played MW2 and didn't have a problem. My response was simple...

"Please, get a grip"