1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't drink before seminar

Discussion in 'General' started by ajiKaBooM!, 21 Feb 2006.

1. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! New Member

some sweet advice for uni students on bit tech. dont do it. i had to do a presentation today and drank brandy before to chill out a bit, but ended up getting a little tipsy making a scuff of my presentation counting for important marks in my module :wallbash:

ah well :rolleyes:

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Heh, I'll bear that in mind ;)

<A88>

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Can somebody say: DUH!? :duh:

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

You did it all wrong! You should have taken Red Bull! It would have given you wings, which would have allowed you to fly around the room and induce massive awe's and oooo's. The teacher would have immediately seen this, and given you 100% simply for this amazing feet of amazingness. And just think, while you're flying, you could have gotten a nice litte halo above your head so that you've got that bit of extra truthiness in your report!

Or thats how it went in my dream anyway...

5. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Active Member

cha! i had a group presentation on HD TV the other week, it was cool...loads of people are well nervous, but if you just calm down, and take long deep breaths you'll be fine :)

6. Hazardous

Hazardous New Member

There's quite a difference between having a drink to calm nerves (which I'm sure many of us have done)... and drinking so much alcohol, that you get yourself tipsy enough to spoil the result of such an important presentation :eeek:

Let's hope you can make up for it in other areas :idea:

7. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

I couldnt code for more than 2 hours without beer.

8. fev

fev Industry Fallout

why drink through a seminar when it's fine and dandy to sip on JD and coke through the lectures?

I have thursday lectures at wheatley (8 miles from where i live) and they finish at 8, i'm not due to get home before 9 most thursdays which sucks, so the last lecture of the day is finished off with "the magical coke bottle" just to help things move that bit quicker

9. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

heh... i drink before class regularly.. and forget it on wednesdays... normally i'm well into the hang over stage

10. loops

loops New Member

I dont drink so never had this problem but Ive seen many slouched in lecture theatres giggling like school girls after the dinner time break (there is at least 4 pubs within the campus area that are open during the day and the union bar)
    Daft git.... deep breathes and sugar in future!

11. customh

customh conflagration.

I'm with nexxo

12. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! New Member

ah well it will just have to add to the memories lol

13. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 New Member

I dont know what it's like over in England (im guessing alot more unrestrictive) but we actually have a bar on campus. I actually started out my semester with a buddy, went up to the bar and had a couple cold ones then went and sat in class for 3 hours....

Made for a nice way to start of the semester

14. geek1017

geek1017 New Member

Going to lectures while drunk makes them much more entertaining imo.

Only did one presentation after a few beers once.
    Actually made it go quite well since I had no idea what I was supposed to talk about anyway.
    I wasn't nervous and just BSed my way through it.

15. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Aye, but being drunk from last night and being in lectures is evan more fun. Esp. if youve got Materials to sit through (that was stage one stuff). Now im a bit more reserved and we have a "raffel" every friday in our department at 3pm. Buy a ticket, get a free prize.
    Can anyone guess what the prize is? :lol:

But the drinking before a presentation isnt realy somthing that i would do but id sure tell others to do it if it works for them, just dont cross that line of being tipsy!!!

16. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

One of my friends' tutors tells the story that before the first lecture he ever gave he was on a weekend holiday in Amsterdam - they flew back on the Monday morning and the lecture was in the afternoon, and he was still very high when he gave the lecture - says it forever took away his public speaking nerves :D

I love getting rat-arsed off a liquid lunch and going to afternoon lectures, but I'd never do it before a presentation. Duh...

EDIT - VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV Yeah, that's the issue. End up absolutely dying for a piss when you've been through 3 pints and then have to sit in a lecture for an hour. Especially if you've already broken the seal at the Union :duh:

Last edited: 22 Feb 2006
  17. K

K 528491

I wouldn't ever have two swift pints before a lecture and then go for a leak, once you break the barrier you'd have to be out every 10 minutes. I wouldn't ever do that.

Again.

18. Cheryl24

Cheryl24 New Member

yeah going to lectures after a liquid lunch was never a good idea! Mind you the one lecturer we had always seemed to be drunk constantly!!

19. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Active Member

i dont drink in/before lectures often...but i did down half a liter of Jack Daniels after a particuarily bad maths test result :( why cant they ask me things i know?

on the plus side i had a great night that night :p

20. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

ok DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:duh:

anyway i had realy bad notes in a math exame once and did not pass, i had to repete it, i drunk some beer and i passed :D :p