1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't know what to do about job

Discussion in 'General' started by f U z ! o N, 11 Sep 2005.

1. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

ok im in college right now at a 2 year technical school majoring in computer engineering. i don't know if i would be guaranteed a job right off the bat with this degree. not to mention, its only a 2 year degree, not a 4 year. i'd still like to get it but heres the thing. the local electrical company is hiring lots of people because all the older guys retired. i would start out at a good salary and have a nice job fixing things probably on line crew, which means im outside and stuff. i probably wouldn't get anywhere with a 2 year degree without needing more schooling. plus, where i live, is not a techincal city. i would have to move which i would rather not. the chances of me getting hired are pretty good. so what do i do? stay at my job at chic fil a and make about $8.00 an hour and continue with my school and get a 2 year degree (i really dont want to go for a 4 year cuz i would have to move) or apply for the electrical company and make a good salary and possibly continue the degree with evening college?

2. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

I would vote for option two. Even if you had the 4 year degree, there is never a guarantee of getting a job. If it were me personally, I'd go for the job at the electrical company, and maybe finish the degree using night courses.

I'd wait to make sure you get hired before quitting your current job. I had a friend do that. He was so convinced that he'd get hired on at the new job, that he quit his current one. Needless to say, he was unemployed for quite a while, and hopefully he learned a lesson.....Then again, knowing him, he probably didn't... :D