1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Don't like the taste of Alcohol anymore...

Discussion in 'General' started by Major, 30 Dec 2007.

1. Major

Major Guest

Reallt really weird...

A few months back after a cold, I went out on a Saturday usual, went into a pub, got a pint of some beer I can't remember, and it just taste off, so I ordered another beer, but different one, and again, it just taste horible, then I got a cider, and as I loved cider, I thought that would be no problem, but even that tasted like crap!

Now ever since, I haven't had hardly any alcohol, because it just tastes horid, I bought everyone a few boxes for New Years, got some Cider and Wine, thought I'd have some tonight to see if I am alright (thought the cold buggered up my tastebuds or something), but I just hate the stuff, and I am very near to being sick after having a mouthful of anything containing alcohol in it. What the hell is wrong with me? Is my body just not made to "drink"?...

TAI

2. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

Could be - I can hardly drink these days any more, but I went through an 18 month phase of partying and binge drinking every night after my divorce, I spent more time drunk than sober; maybe I just wore myself out, but spent a while in a psych ward, and since then can only manage one drink and I start feeling sick. I admit I was looking for answers in the bottom of a bottle, so our situations are different, but I dont think it's a bad thing not being able to tolerate alcohol. I wish my dad shared my opinion, coz he wasnt happy that I woudnt take a drink at xmas.

3. Major

Major Guest

It's weird, it's just even if I have a sip, it just tastes horrid now...

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Switch to mouthwash. Maybe the minty fresh taste will mask the alcohol.

-monkey

5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Bizarre. Try drinking something new, you might be able to fool yourself into liking it. Apple sourz maybe?

Other than that I'd just give it time, it's not something I've ever heard of before though :confused:

6. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Well, alcohol is a kind of poison so what do you expect? You are drinking a solvent/degreasing agent after all. (Isn't the brain mostly fat?)

Anyway, sound like your brain have figured out that alcohol tastes bad, so it won't accept it. (I have had this happen when i have been sick. Things just don't taste good afterwards)

It's an instinct that is made to prevent us from eating dangerous stuff. Stuff that makes us sick = bad. It's not necessarily the alcohol that made you sick, but I believe it has to do with associations.

7. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

alcohol has always tasted horrible to me, i never understood why people liked it.

i'll drink if the occasion calls for it, but not if i don't have to. maybe there's something in my tastebuds that links "alcohol" to "bitter" far too strongly.

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Just the smell makes me sick. I have a powerful aversion after losing my mother to it.

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

GL with chick drinks for the rest of your life. Tragic.

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Alcohol tastes terrible, but that doesn't stop me from drinking it. :D

11. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone liking the taste of alcohol ever.

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I've never liked the taste of hard liquor. In fact, I don't really like most alcohol so I rarely drink. I don't have refined tastes, so all I can stand is sweet dessert wines (definitely no reds) and one or two types of beer.

Keeps me sober, that's for sure. Of course, this just means I have to find my vices elsewhere.

-monkey

13. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

i like a glass of white wine every now and then, but it depends on the meal (im only 18 in the US so i rarely drink anyways)

14. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

take a break i'd say, I used to love whiskey, but now i can hardly touch the stuff(had a tad(!) too much one night) or, face your fears head on.

15. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Do your really even want to drink?

Also I know people who can't touch certain drinks after being sick on them, either drinking too much or drinking it when they were sick. Now whenever they even smell it they feel sick. Phycological thing though.

Look on the bright side, you don't have to worry about who the sober driver is, you can have fun at parties and such without alcohol or other substances.

Personally I hardly ever drink and when I do its only at things like parties and such. Vodkas my preferred drink, its practically tasteless but I hate the taste anyways, so I always mix it with Red Bull or other such energy drink (Otherwise I get sleepy) to mask the taste. Kick (the Tesco Red Bull ripoff) is nice.
    I would prefer to have a night in with the GF than go out and get pissed (and waste lots of money) then deal with the morning after.

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I'd have to side with a psychological effect.
    I dislike alcohol too, but that's more of a don't want to be comprimised point of view rather than it tastes horrible (which it mostly does).

17. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

just like everybody else, i dont think anybody LIKES the taste of alcohol, but people will drink it, just to get drunk.
    myself, i just drink on occasions* and stuff, like christmas, new year, birthdays. i'd much rather stay in aswell, alot cheaper. ive only been drinking cider lately, and im getting pretty sick of it.

i feel pretty daft writing this, when im going to tesco soon to buy loads of booze for new year :|

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Personally i quite enjoy the taste of a nice cold lager or even better a good pint of heavy especially after a long day. However to echo whats been said above i can't even smell red bull after one very drunken day pretty much drinking that **** exclusively. Its like all things yours taste wax and wane as time goes on, before i couldn't stand mushrooms now i really enjoy them, same for a good malt or very good quality vodka just over ice.

19. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

i couldn't agree more

20. Major

Major Guest

Yup, whenever I go out for a meal, I always used to have 3-4 Magners with it, but now the stuff just tastes so bad, I actually have to eat something straight after to get the taste away.

Tags: