1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Doom3 bad image quality

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ligoman17, 4 Aug 2004.

1. Ligoman17

Ligoman17 New Member

Hey all. Well I bought Doom3 yesterday and played it for a few hours. Seems that no matter what settings I choose, I get this wierd texture problem. The textures on the walls tend to flicker and move in spots. Imagine if you drew a thin rectangle on a wall, then cut out that rectangle and jiggled it around a bit. That's kind of what I'm seeing. I've tried 800x600 at med and high quality and 1024x768 at med and high quality. No matter what the settings, the problem persists. My specs are:

Radeon 9800 pro 128Mb
    P4 2.6C
    1GB Corsair XMS 3200LL
    Abit IC7-G
    SB Audigy 2

I reformatted a week ago, putting a clean install of Windows Xp on my 74gig raptor. I have the latest IC7 BIOS from Abit, the latest CATs, the latest Audigy driver updates, the latest Intel INF files. The only other programs installed on my machine are Samurize and UT2K4, neither of which run in the background while I play D3. Any ideas? Anyone else seeing similar artifacts on ATI hardware?

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Sounds a little bit like when I overclock my 9700pro too far and it overheats.

3. Ligoman17

Ligoman17 New Member

hmmm.... Well I do have a shiny set of Tweakmonster BGA ramsinks. Mebbe i should implement them... :)

4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

try downclocking your vid card quite a lot, both core and memory. Open the side panel on your case. See if that helps at all. If not at least you know what it isn't :thumb:

Tags: