1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Door molding help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by H4z4RD0uS, 1 Nov 2003.

1. H4z4RD0uS

H4z4RD0uS What's a Dremel?

ok, i decided to stop grinding and sanding cuz every time i try, i **** up my cut. so im getting door edge molding. can i get it thin enough, yet big enough to cover the grey marks near my cut?

and do i apply it before or after i apply plexi? if someone can give me a good guide, I would apprecitate it :hip:

2. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

If you give us pics we can answer that and understand it a bit better.

3. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

are ya doing something like

[​IMG]

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Ahh Lithium, when did you finally get the door done.

Sorry for off topic sort of

5. Dremel

Dremel What's a Dremel?

u can get it many places, i don't know where but there are many sizes so you should be fine.

lithium randomly shows the finished door..

6. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Check automotive stores. My last case used lots of chrome window molding (which looked realy sweet), and it nicely covered up the piss poor job I did in cutting the window and fan holes (little recommendation on using molding w/ fan holes: fan screws suck, go for machine bolts w/ nuts; 3/16" diameter, 1 1/2" shaft works best (4.75mm x 38mm)). Getting back on track....the molding was 1/4"/8.6mm thick, and provided the cut isn't too rough, it slips over sheet metal fairly easily (just take your time with it and use something like a screwdriver to wedge it; forcing it in place will scratch it up, which makes it look so un-1337).

7. H4z4RD0uS

H4z4RD0uS What's a Dremel?

yah, i use my window molding and it looks nice, but i dont think i can stick my plexi on with silicon due to the fact one part of my molding sticks out cuz of a curve on my design