Modding Dope Dell XPS 630i Case MOD

Discussion in 'Modding' started by beret21, 1 Feb 2018.

1. beret21

beret21 Member

*I have never completed a case MOD before for my very own PC. Being a budget gamer whenever i had a lil extra money
    i was putting it into performance upgrade. Now m pretty done with gaming so now it’s time to finally mod a case for myself.
    M not a professional Modder i mean i have limited experience and tools. But i love the process.
    Among all the cases i have ever seen or worked on i found the Dell XPS 710,730, 630 and 630i to be perfect for my taste appearance wise.
    These are not that expensive and are very very solid beasts. A lil hard to find and shipping costs a lot due to their weight.
    After years and years of searching in my local city i finally got it shipped from a different city.( Money was the main issue here :p)

Present*
    This video is just an overview of what we are starting with.*

Some minor scratches a few lil broken parts but no dents.

Future
    Part 2 The tear down: Everything apart
    Part 3 The orientation: Making it right hand drive and non inverted. (I mean corrected the orientation, if i can of motherboard and stuff inside)
    Part 4 The electronics: Making the RGB work with my mobo or some other way. Maybe a custom fan controller too
    Part 5 The finalizing: Polishing and color theme.*

Now the part 2 is the real deal over here. Can’t move forward without it. The inverted MOBO and window on right side is a no go.

You HELP required.

Any idea how to install Alien FX lite on a non DELL/alien mobo. I have a gigabyte one. Its basically a software to control LEDs on the 630i. That i cant install it gives error that u need a del system :p

2. beret21

beret21 Member

Update
    Dell XPS 630i Case MOD P2 : Taking Everything apart

Soooooooo many rivets & soooooooo many zip ties.
    But it was fun.
    The video is pretty detailed. So you might find it a bit boring but it will surely help in dismantling if u have one :)
    Dont forget to like and share your thoughts.

3. beret21

beret21 Member

Update

Dell XPS 630i Case MOD P3-half

Half of the work of part 3 is done. So sharing that on request :)
    Part 3 is all about correcting motherboard tray orientation. But its not as simple as it sounds.
    The next part of part 3 will be uploaded ASAP