1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dragon's Dogma review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 23 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

I have read 4 different dragons dogma reviews now, however i didn't expect one to appear on bit.

I was under the impression bit tech was a pc enthusiast and modding site, so why are console exclusive titles being reviewed on here when they get reviewed on every gaming site on the net?

I wish you would review more of the less known games that grace pc, ala gratuitous tank battles which has just been released, torchlight 2 which is coming out soon (although with it going up against diablo 3 I'm pretty confident it will get plenty of reviews anyway) and sins of a solar empire rebellion to name a few that I know the pc community are interested in.

I am not totally anti console as i own a ps3, which i tend only to use for fighting games, and jrpg's (dragons dogma doesn't count as its a western style rpg developed in japan). I just wish there was less console coverage and more pc exclusives. In my opinion should you review highly anticipated gaming highlights like for instance skyrim still? Yes as long as they appear on PC absolutely, however the games i see reviewed here on the moment are just mix and match, like you're just reviewing games that you've bought personally to play and not games you think the bit community will want to here about, and games that look great but may not get reviewed on the more mainstream gaming sites (looking at gratuitous tank battles here).

/rant

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

As I understand it, Bit-Tech is PC centric but Bit-Gamer is multi-platform, so any title is fair game. I may have got that wrong though.

/off topic

Looks interesting, although I'm churning through Dark Souls at the moment, and I get the impression I'll be all action-RPG-ed out by the time I finish that.

4. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

@hardware 150

I disagree, bit-gamer has always been multi platform.

It was a nice review (and I don't even own a console).

5. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

I wasn't complaining about the quality of the review, just the relevance of the review to this site in general.

6. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I agree!

7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I would guess there are enough people that read bitgamer's 360-exclusive title reviews that it remains profitable.

That said, I would prefer that only multi-platform, PC-only or the odd really standout console-only title was reviewed.

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Review appreciated Max, game looks a lot of fun & it's about flipping time a game dev made crazy awesome dynamic battles in a game with big ass beasts instead of disgusting quick time events, I'm going to buy this game, well done capcom but was a silly move to not think of PC gamers after some of the crap they release for PC, this game looks good fun, think the only game by capcom I enjoyed of recent times was dead rising 2 & the follow up so why no PC release, stupid. :D

About complaints for console games, I only agree to it when it's games that are or will be released on PC unless it's a huge game like GTA or something, not just generic boring games that release on most platforms. :)

9. Bigspleen

Bigspleen What's a Dremel?

HUH? it has been done before and ten times better it's called dark souls and its combat blows away this game. Dark souls has massive beasts, an amazing combat system.

10. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I've not played Dargon's Dogma but I will lend my voice to praising Dark Souls. I'm playing through it now and it's a phenomenally refreshing experience.

11. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

It didn't get 95 like Mass Effect 3 because they didn't pay for it.

12. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Beating Dark Souls was a pretty otherworldly experience. Looking forward to the new content on the PC version but not looking forward to GFWL :(.

This Dragon's Dogma game looks kay though, I really think the idea of NPC's playing with other people is a good idea. It's sorta like how there's NPC players in Guild Wars 2 who run around doing their own thing, as someone who likes to play solo games this is great. It really makes me think that NPC's can be a bit more than just our servants in games. Making them into fully functioning characters!

13. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Bit Tech previewed this game, so it's good to see them follow up with the review. The preview was quite harsh, but it appears the devs have done enough in this final version to make a playable, maybe even fun game.

Tags: Add Tags