1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Dream Case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by shred444, 19 Apr 2004.

1. shred444

shred444 What's a Dremel?

What case would you want for a new project? Include Price and what you would do with it. Maybe even a picture

Heres mine:
    ThermalTake WinGo Series Price: $149.00 with window
    [​IMG]

I want the one without the window on the side, so i can cut my own design. I wonder if this effects the price

And also the optional wireless keyboard and mouse:
    [​IMG]

Do you think the wirless receiver for the mouse and keyboard can be hidden inside the case?

Last edited: 19 Apr 2004
  2. planki

planki ...

for a new proejct i want to build a case for my htpc out of aluminium styled around the marantz amp if you know what they look like then you can appreciate how they look.

I would want to put an lcd screen on the front sloat loading dvd drive, griffin powermate, some bigs sata hds' mobo etc im guessing a couple of hundred plus a lot of man hours!

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

It would have to be using the new Lian Li. It would be perfect for watercooling: 120mm rad in the front, pump in one of the hdd bays. And you would still get good airflow over the non watercooled parts. Also with just 120mm fans it would be really quiet as well!

It's definately on my list of things to buy at the moment.

4. shred444

shred444 What's a Dremel?

did a search on google, is this what you mean:
    [​IMG]

5. planki

planki ...

youve got it in one mate that is exactyl what i want to make my case styled around with the silver knobs and switches and brushed aluminium, im saying it would look fly!

6. Carbon

Carbon Banned

I agree :D it's on my shopping list too

7. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

well, this is my design for the next project, a nice server. prefferably out of aluminum with tinted front panels, LCD, etc.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Apr 2004
  8. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

me too..as well as my custom built case..comming this summer...

9. TMM

TMM Modder

Something lighter than my current case. probably a LianLi PC60 or a Antec Super Lanboy :) definatly a aluminium case thats not too large anyhow :p
    Currently im taking my super-midi Steelcase around to lans :duh:

10. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

i would make my own, based on multiple lian li's though...

11. Mord

Mord What's a Dremel?

Id love to make my own case, but i just dont have the massive tools required.

I only have a jigsaw, dremel and a drill, so making my own case remains a dream :(.

12. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

trust me, if you've got a jigsaw and a dremel you're way ahead of what I had when I made my own clear case. nice power tools aren't a requirement, they just help speed things us a lot. granted, there are things you can't do without some tools, ie. a router, but if you've got some patience and decent hand tools, you can do quite a bit. check out my Clear Cube which was made using a nibbler, coping saw, electric drill, and a few other odds and ends.
    *edit*
    Lexan is probably (IMO) one of the more forgiving materials to work with, i'd reccomend it to start out on.

13. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

Going to build a case when I finally get round to it. It would have removable mobo tray, space for my watercooling, and best of all, made from uber shiny silver plated brass :D

14. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

My next mod is going to be a total mod of a full chieftec... but that is not my dream case... it is the project that is going on now, project baby bliss.

15. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Nice case, i like how the PSU is at the bottom and not the top :thumb:

16. looking for the cm stacker , tonnes of room inside that baby , i dont think its out till q3 04 though , coolermaster shamefully taunting me with piccies of it and not giving it up for sale yet :wallbash: , so ill prolly go for an antec p160 , shiny and nicely formed , dont think its gonna take me long to make it look like a car crash though , still renovating my house , so i been buying all the power tools i can think of , useful or not :D , imminent conversion of two antec plusview soho cases as integral part of a desk unit.- techno-desk :rock:

17. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

My dream case is ( and will be buildt when time is enough) a black miditower buildt to take on LAN ,completely soundless and with good temps.

That must be impossible, thats why it is a dream. :D

18. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Totally custom built, which I will one day do, but not until i have a little more of that green stuff with dead presidents on it.