1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Driver help really needed!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChromeX, 18 Jul 2005.

1. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Hi guys, the other day my parents bought an IBM computer off some guy who was selling them. This computers are obviosly of the back of a lorry! The computer in question is an IBM thinkcenter S50 8185 d7g and isnt too bad except I cant get the video drivers working. When i go to the support page it recommends these drivers... http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/multiplefiledownload.do?validate=true the "nvidia driver for win 2k and xp". I've downloaded the drivers and tried to install them, it gives me a message saying the installation was completed and i should restart the comp but when its restarted it throws up the unknown device message. I've tried pointing the the driver location but it still doesnt work any ideas? Sorry for the length, I thought it best to include everything :D

2. rkenny666

rkenny666 What's a Dremel?

what video card does it have? if you know?

3. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

havent got a clue otherwise I could try get the drivers from nvidia :confused: all I know is that everything is on board, the sound, the ethernet and the graphics. I've tried looking for the graphics chip but all I can find is intel chips which leads me to believe its an intel card. But saying that I find it hard to believe that a big company like IBM could mess up that badly on their support page. The mobo makers are a company called USI I think since its the only marking I can find, hell i've never heard of them!

4. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Odds are it has the Intel Extreme 2 graphics. Download the drivers for that.

5. MR BUNGLE

MR BUNGLE Shoddymodder

Hi...
    - I can't see your model listed anywhere on the US or UK sites.... Definately S50 8185 yeah?

Where are you seeing those Nvidia drivers mentioned?

Looks like most of the other thinkcentres user the Intel 865g chipset, so the Intel Extreme graphics idea is spot on!
    - Have a go - can't do any harm!

6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

oops my apologies its not an 8185 as I stated before but an 8183!! The nvidia drivers come from that link on the product page I put all the details of the comp in correctly :p And thats the page it came up with. Im gonna give Intel extreme I try like ya it cant hurt :thumb:

EDIT: I gave it ago and it works brilliantly it turns out its an extreme graphics 2 slow as hell but hey its on board and my sisters so im not arsed :p Thanks for your help guys :thumb:

Last edited: 19 Jul 2005
Tags: