1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Dual Display (Again)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cyberbob:-), 12 Nov 2003.

1. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

Right...I've got a sapphire 9700 pro deluxe.

And i want to run dual display. But my second display is on a TV in the other room, i've got a 2.4GHz transmiter and receiver. I can get the signal to my TV but it's in black and white. Also when i play video in media player i see no video being played on the TV.

If i extend my desktop all i see is part of my wallpaper in black and white. If i untick extend my desktop i see what i would normally see but with some chopped off and still in black and white.

What am i doing wrong??? :waah:

I've tried changing setting from PAL to NTSC to see if that made any diff, but nothing changed... :eeek:

2. noCode

noCode What's a Dremel?

The B/W issue is probably that you're giving a S-Video signal to a TV only capable of composite. Sometimes there is a specific input on the TV that is capable of S-Video. And what cables/converters are you using?

That video doesn't show up on secondary screens is a driver error. That didn't work for me either with Catalyst 3.6 (or was it an earlier version? Can't remeber...), but now with 3.7 that problem is gone. Try a reinstall with latest drivers and DX9.

3. Cyberbob:-)

I think i'm using 3.7 or 3.8 can't remember. And i'm using DX9b.

I'm using S-video out on my graphics card that is plugged into a composite plug. My input on my 2.4MHz transmitter is composite. And my input on the T.V is also composite.

Hope this helps... :sigh:

4. PeterAce

PeterAce What's a Dremel?

For the Media Player not displaying video (on you TV display) you need to setup your ATI 'Overlay' tab.

Choose the 'Clone mode options' button on the 'Ati Overlay' tab.

Then you need to set/choose your perferences.

I personally set mine to :

Overlay display mode :'Theater Mode'.

Set aspect ration : ' Same as video source'.

Display device aspect ratio : '16:9 Widescreen'.

5. Cyberbob:-)

For some reason my clone mode options are ghosted...The wasn't last night...

Strange... :eeek:

I'm running catalyst 3.6 will that make ant difference??

6. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

update to the 3.9's and try plugging the tv into the pc directly just for testing purposes.

7. Cyberbob:-)

I updated to 3.8 last night still no go.

Is 3.9 ok? I've heard it causes problems with some games.

I shall give it a try tonight with the TV connected directly....But it will still be using composite..

My mate has the same 2.4MHz transmitter and receiver but he has a Nvidia graphics card. When i first set that up it was black and white but it had some options in the settings that i changed. Then it was ok. :sigh:

**Edit**
    I see you have a sapphire 9700 pro. Have you tried dual display?
    If so what seetings are you using?

8. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

i **was** using 2 compaq v900 crts, but then i went to uni and had to get a 17" for space sake. i had no problems. u may have to run ur crt off the dvi converter in order for the tv to have a seperate output. u will ned to make sure its a pal output, most t's wont accept more than 800x600@60hz, been there done that too, cat 3.9's are fine for me.

Tags: